• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpcole

My first vehicle was a M1008 with 9 inches of lift and 44's. We did a 350 swap in it too. It had about 400 hp. Great high school truck. Kept the engine sold the truck and bought a '79 trans am.

cbturf

I finally picked her up in Las Vegas and drover her home to TN. If I have a similar wild hair it will be in a more favorable time of year to drive a non air conditioned truck across the country!

Barrman

I really haven't done that much to the 1009 lately. Except drive it.

130 miles last weekend pulling a Scout trailer and hauling 4 Scouts to and from a camp out.

260 miles this week to and from a teacher conference for me.

All with no trouble. 16.7 mpg with the pretty darn heavy 5x8 box trailer at 65 mph and waiting for a fill up to see how I did on the solo 62 mph mileage run to SA and back.

ryan77

Went to dmv found out my title was off 2 numbers had to have a cop fill out a form and now pray i can get a correct title and plates! Its always some thing with these trucks!!!1aua

Barrman

Just topped off. Only got 18.6 mpg running 60-63 mph for 260 miles. I can smell a little diesel from the IP throttle shaft every know and then. Guess the IP is next. I was getting 20-22 a year ago.

rjinga

Replaced my driver's rear shock mount assembly. I had the shocks installed about 2 months ago. Yesterday evening my son and I were trying out a new trail. Not too bumpy, but during the trip I heard a metal hitting metal "bang". Loud enough for me to wonder what it was, but not loud enough to remember to check it out later. Well, this afternoon my son found the disconnected shock. The bolt came off (and disappeared).

Attachments

chief1983

Put my friend's head through the windshield. He decided to take his seatbelt off while offroading and I hadn't noticed, we hit an overgrown ditch, and BAM. He was still picking little shards out of his scalp the next day.

Should I just call Safelite, especially if I was already wanting to get one of those antennas in the windshield glass?

top_prop

For the Gen lights did you go in and splice the wires at the wiring harness that plugs into the gauge assembly?
no... I just tried LED replacement bulbs, but the gen lights never went out... so I figured the circuit didn't like LED's...

First I've heard of splicing wires...

top_prop

Check your vaccum pressure at the trans. and work backwards. Vaccum lines are the normal cause, but mine was the vaccum pump2cents
Just pulled the air filter and found the hose from the vacuum pump to the Trans Vacuum valve on the IP was coiled up and under the Filter housing... reconnected and test drove... shifting just fine now.

jdeoliveira74

new LMC overhead speakers and Radio from walmart on clearance with blue tooth and mic for the phone pretty cool def needs rear speakers but thats another day for sure. Will get some better photos tomorrow with all the Trim up. Which does not come with the lmc kit. So if you dont have a civi in your driveway to pull parts from your gonna need to screw it too your roof or find some way to affix it.

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks