• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SGT LongT

new LMC overhead speakers and Radio from walmart on clearance with blue tooth and mic for the phone pretty cool def needs rear speakers but thats another day for sure
I've had that overhead speaker setup from LMC on my wishlist since I saw it on Devil's awesome m1009 build. I also like how he put extra gauges up there too. Does is sound as good as it looks :beer:

jdeoliveira74

Its sounds ok but its lacking mid and lows being that they are only 4" speakers. I am going to put some 6" speakers in the rear by the back seat. Maybe a sub in the rear walls once i build sides... all in due time!

Cobra33Bravo

Replaced U joint on rear drive shaft that connects to yoke on rear diff. U joint breaks and drive shaft flops around beating things up, it's usually not good. Need to check my seal between transfer case and transmission now I have a trans fluid leak.

chief1983

jdeoliveira, where did you get that intake? I would love to get a cold air extension on mine, but even your filter housing has a longer mouth on it. That wasn't stock was it?

Nico

i did some rust stopping under the truck.
it is an anti corrusion covering for vessels (seawater-ballasttank covering) based on wool wax. very known over here in the oldtimer szene. must be heaten up before painting. i hope it works fine as on the space shuttle [thumbzup] Unsere Kunden
some before and after pix:

Attachments

SGT LongT

I replace the tailgate window regulator and since everything was out of the tailgate I cleaned up things nice and pretty while adding some black rustoleum here and there. Also I am trying out Peel & Seal as a sound/thermal insulator. I've read on some hotrod forums that some guys use Peel & Seal instead of Fatmax. It is found at your local Lowes in the roofing department and it comes in a roll 6in wide by 25ft long. I rap my knuckle on the tailgate and get a "thunk" sound, but over on wheel well (untreated) I get a sharp sheet metal "twang". It will be interesting to see how well this works on the rest of the interior.

Attachments

SGT LongT

Took the rubber floor mat out and discovered rust duh:drool: and some patch work done on the drivers side floor, but why after all that work would you put the rubber floor mat back on so it would happen all over again aua My bed liner interior is going to have to wait till I can fix the floor :beer:

Attachments

pmramsey

Took the rubber floor mat out and discovered rust duh:drool: and some patch work done on the drivers side floor, but why after all that work would you put the rubber floor mat back on so it would happen all over again aua My bed liner interior is going to have to wait till I can fix the floor :beer:
I just replaced the entire floor of my M1009 with all new steel plates. Purchased them from www.lmctruck.com The total parts were $629 including shipping (heavy) Everything fit perfectly and it took me about sevenh ours total to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks