• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draco-87

Changed the glow plugs to 60g, not much of a difference. then i made the mistake of changing the fuel filter that was at 10:00 its now 1:00 and still after trying to charge the filter there is still no fuel in it! and the cucv had a brand new lift pump put on it 500 miles ago.
Hopefully some time this year it will run again:(.....................................time for a modern spin on filter!

firefirefire90

big day. Took out a lot of aftermarket wiring that the PO did. Took off the aftermarket foglams and all of it's circuitry. bundled up the wiring for an aftermarket radio that is no longer present, then started wet sanding all of the old paint. It's awesome. I can start to see the original OD Green underneath all this weird blue

EF-5

-12 V conversion
-Transmission cooler
-Water Temp, Transmission Temp, Oil Pressure, Voltmeter gauges
-Changed all the fluids
-2" Steel Spacers
-37" HMMWV Runflats

Now I'm trying to fix the death wobble :soapbox:
Hopefully if that gets fixed I can move onto the 4" lift, and then eventually 5.9 Cummins with six speed Allison or something along those things.

Finally, redo the interior!

Jerchambers

Have added an AB-15 Antenna on the Bracket and Brush Guard. Looks great. Planning on purchasing a CB radio for it. I also used the antenna hole on the other side for an after market GM radio antenna. Just a temp mount for now. I have been moving into my new house and that has taken priority. I am planning on finding a more permanent placed for it. My radio is mounted to the front of my OE console. Will show more pictures later.

Attachments

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have added an AB-15 Antenna on the Bracket and Brush Guard. Looks great. Planning on purchasing a CB radio for it. I also used the antenna hole on the other side for an after market GM radio antenna. Just a temp mount for now. I have been moving into my new house and that has taken priority. I am planning on finding a more permanent placed for it. My radio is mounted to the front of my OE console. Will show more pictures later.
I like the roof rack, very unitarian..Good job.....

bushhawg73

I have sunk a bunch of time and effort into mine recently.
Doghead relay
All new seals in the front end, repacked the bearings and new gear oil
Rebuilt the kingpins with all new pins, seals and bearings
Brand new warn brass full turn hubs
New drag link
Painted the front end
New harmonic balancer
New oil cooler lines
More to come

Attachments

CUCV85

I have sunk a bunch of time and effort into mine recently.
Doghead relay
All new seals in the front end, repacked the bearings and new gear oil
Rebuilt the kingpins with all new pins, seals and bearings
Brand new warn brass full turn hubs
New drag link
Painted the front end
New harmonic balance r
New oil cooler lines
More to come
you said "Rebuilt the kingpins with all new pins, seals and bearings"
looking to do this have the death wobble at highway speed hit a bump
heard there has a spring that you can add fender washers to to gain the tension back? what was the part number/brand if you can recall to do the rebuild and did it have a spring? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks