• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

allenhillview

- New glow plugs
- New glow plug connectors
- 24v resistor bypass
- New power brake booster

Still to do-

New flexplate
Fuel filter change
Wheel bearings
New kingpin bushings
New Steering stabilizer
New tires
Transmission vacuum lines
Transmission fluid change
Transmission filter change
Dash lights work
Power steering filter?
Where did you get your booster? NOS or ?

I used foil faced bubble insulation / heat shield with fiberglass matting in the dished-in area's. I had it on hand. Bought the retainers at Advanced. 18 per box. Bought 2 boxes. Drilled a few extra holes and used them all. I have rubber boots over my battery terminals, just in case.

buelligan68

Newly rebuilt Injection pump ch-ching. Rebuilt 24v Starter ch-ching. changed the drive belts 57 bucks. Drives great now maybe fuel millage will be better. and no more problems fingers crossed:-?

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
SWEEEETTTTT!!! My fuel tank has been leaking....Get to tear all that stuff out tomorrow and wait for the new one. And fix or replace my sending unit.
Do you still have the plate installed under the tank? For that matter is the Pintle hook nightmare still installed? If so, I felt your pain. All my chaffing strips fell apart as well and had to get new ones. Thankfully NAPA has sheets of gasket material that is the exact length required..cost 7-8 bucks. Just need to cut it to width. I think its about 3 inches wide by whatever length the tank is front to back.

Have fun and hopefully yours goes easier than mine!:beer:

I got that new one from on line, NOS, still in foil bag unopened. Trying to see how your install went and a little feed back in that area. Thanks.

Install went fine... however still had same problem.. little to no brakes.. changed master cylinder... same problem... had found a small small tech note somewhere, either here, or another offroad forum.. all that the problem was, the rear brakes were way out of Adjustment... to the point, of causing the entire system not to work properly... readjusted... re bled... have beem perfect ever since... I just regret not doing that first instead of wasting money on parts, that... really wasnt needed...

Im in the process of completing the hydro assist install.. and no longer need the stablizer.. The hydro ram is taking its place.... I'm having to wait to get a limiter installed in ram to limit travel... as so i wont shear off kingpin studs.. hopefully... that will get done this week....:jumpin:

Well

Spent the weekend... tinkering around in the shop... got alot done considering... i was stuck waiting on my hyrdo ram to be modified...

While waiting, and since the driver inner fender was out, i sanded it down... re eitched primed it.. and painted.. ( the bottom Satin Black.. the top semi gloss... WOW what a difference... Now i will have to remove the batteries.. and do the other side... Thats for another day....:cookoo:

changed out rear axle seals... (never ever a Fun job... on a 14B and drums...)

fixed front axle diff cover leaking..

Scuffed and painted some ammo cans for the back...

Stripped and primed / painted air tank..

Mounted highjack on trailer....

rearranged items in back of mine... going to look into building some sort of track/ drawer system, as so these boxes, can Slide out, making them easier to access....

mocked up mount for 60" highjack in back ...

removed top by myself...:cookoo: wow... it only had 6 of the 14 bolts to hold in place.. and not light.... highly recommend to call a friend for help on that one...

Attachments

wiccantoy

Glow plug card and glow plug relay was done today. Just need to find out why the volt gage isn't in the green now. Volts on my mac guagr at the alts are at propped volts but gage isn't going in the green. Grrrrr

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks