• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

K9Vic

I had to call his son to figure out what he had done, and where my truck was.
I would have called the police to ask him where it was and have him deal with possible grand theft charge. If I come home an my truck is not there or at the guys place of where it was going to be fixed, I would be calling the police first.

You should be filing a small claims case for him to pay for the damages if he has not payed you for the repairs.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Inspected front wheel bearings and front brakes
Repacked the front wheel bearings

Still to do-

New flexplate
Rear Wheel bearings
Inspect rear brakes
New tires
New kingpin bushings
New Steering stabilizer
Transmission vacuum lines
Transmission fluid change
Transmission filter change
Dash lights work
Fuel filter change
Power steering filter?

I would have called the police to ask him where it was and have him deal with possible grand theft charge. If I come home an my truck is not there or at the guys place of where it was going to be fixed, I would be calling the police first.

You should be filing a small claims case for him to pay for the damages if he has not payed you for the repairs.

Curious to see if "friend" ever changed Front Seal and balancer....

SPCWarning

What type and color paint did you use? Thanks, looks good!
Jeff,
I seriously don't know the name or formula for the color. I bought a gallon of paint at Lowe's a while back, and looking at it under their flourescent lights (big mistake), it looked really close to CARC green. I was surprised and dissappointed at how light it turned out to be but went ahead and painted it solid the light color.
Fast forward a few months, and I still had almost a half gallon of the light green and my son and I stumbled across some "BLP Mobile Camo" in the black, brown, and Olive Drab. The OD was WAY too dark, but I went for it anyway hoping I could mix the light and dark and get the right green. I didn't measure how much of each color I added, but you see the result. It was trial and error, mixing a little of each color til I got as close as I could. I'm sorry I don't have a definite answer for you but if you have one dark green and one light green trust me, if you keep mixing you'll get the color you want, just be patient.
I'm sure if mine were parked right beside one with the correct CARC 383 on it you could tell a difference but out here where it's the only Steel Soldier around it looks pretty good.
Oh, and I applied the brown which was VERY close, and the black which was....black to it yesterday using the pattern I downloaded and printed out, and it looks MUCH better! I'll add pics tomorrow.
Best wishes,
Jimmy

jets1959

A couple of months ago I was trying to help a "friend" earn some money and asked him to replace the front main seal and the harmonic balancer, while I was hunting for the week. (He is a certified mechanic). Anyway, when I got back he had used my M1008 as his personal truck, ran it out of fuel, drained the batteries trying to start it with no fuel, then left it at the Value Village parking lot, where it had died. I had to call his son to figure out what he had done, and where my truck was.
I called my cousin and we towed it home, where I spent the next couple of weekends replacing the batteries, doing the "Doghead mod" (since the module no longer worked). I replaced a couple of other electronic modules, purged the fuel system, and almost got it started when the starter broke.
So, last weekend I replaced the starter, and with a friends help got it started again. It turns over and starts like it was new. I took it out for a drive, and didn't want to park it.
This weekend I added a light over the license plate (per orders from the State Patrol during last weeks drive, lol), mounted a couple of flood lights to the rear bumper.
Next is a stereo, lift kit and figuring out how to get a winch mounted on the front.
Sounds like you won't be helping that "friend" out again!

M1031CMT

Changed the front battery on the M1008. Battery had been replaced in the fall but the person who installed it did not secure the battery properly and while driving it around one day the battery moved and the positive post contacted a bracket. Knew something was not good when I saw smoke coming out of the hood when I came to a stop at a light. Grounding of the battery melted some wiring. Actually got a bad burn on my arm when moving the battery away from the bracket. But I will just play it off as a war wound :mrgreen: Battery fried itself. New battery is now properly secured and the truck doesn't need to be boosted to start.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Replaced the second battery terminal after a shorted battery in my bobber caused the connector to FRY. :eek:

donalloy1

Replaced primary Battery Cable assy and cleaned up terminal landings. Seems to be carrying current much better. Voltage meter is very happy. Purchased OEM Cable assy off Ebay. Clean installation.:beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks