• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoolio

I'v replaced 'bout everything so far..My only gripe now is poor heater output..It's got a new core in it , new thermostat, checked heater door operation..Still pee water warm air coming from vents..

rikinwyoming

Well, I don't own a cucv yet, but my step today was to put my cherokee up for sale or trade for a cucv!! does that count??
Well, I ended up trading my cherokee for a 2001 dodge 1500 quad cab 4x4 with 76,000 original miles.....I wanted a cucv but no one around here had one,,, so I suppose I will fix up the lil bit of body damage on the truck and sell it,,,, then I will just have money to go buy a cucv down around denver!

DXTAC

The D/S fender had been rubbing on the door and misaligned since I got Mongo almost a year ago so every time the door was opened/closed it made that dreadful groan noise. I finally looked into why. The fender appears to have been replaced some time in the past and was misaligned (imagine that, a fender that doesn't fit quite right) BOTH bolts on the top inside of the hood were visibly loose (and they were a B&%$H to remove the remainder of the way!). I finally got them out and chased them back onto the nut with some AMSOIL HD Metal Protector. I then used ratchet tie-downs from my wife's hitch attached to the core support and lower portion of the fender to ease the fender back into proper alignment, tightened everything down and now I'm good to go!!

I also brought Mongo to a buddy's body shop and he used a nifty tool to "realign" the door latch/post alignment as well so now the doors open and close with ease! He also gave me some tips on how to patch a few small holes in the floors in preparation for the paint job he offered to do and Rhino liner (or similar) I am going to have sprayed in this spring. If we are going to use Mongo regularly for camping, fishing, hunting and hiking this year, he NEEDS to be quieter!!

Next is either a steering box, spin on fuel filter, helper springs, shocks, gauges or ??????????????????????? The list goes on!!

Thanks,

91W350

Replaced the weak battery in one of the M1009s. It was a 2001 battery, so it had served us well. If the new one will hang in there that long.....

cfish

Changed the oil and filter and ordered the doghead relay fix relay. It will be in tomorrow. Also ordered new AC60G Gp's as well.

erniemigi

Replaced fuel filter, changed the oil, replaced windshield wiper blades, greased all the fittings, installed a new dash pad, number plate, voltage meter, getting ready to replace the Glow plugs, the last four things i got from a guy down the road from me who is parting out his M1008, he has a listing on here, he still has alot of parts left including the motor, like to to say thank you to Rob you have made my year, i was like a kid in the toy store, if you can't find his listing and you want to know more of what he's got just let me know. the MV he is parting out is a 1986 M1008

Last edited:

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I ended up trading my cherokee for a 2001 dodge 1500 quad cab 4x4 with 76,000 original miles.....I wanted a cucv but no one around here had one,,, so I suppose I will fix up the lil bit of body damage on the truck and sell it,,,, then I will just have money to go buy a cucv down around denver!
I'll keep an eye out around Cheyenne. Found mine at a used car dealer. If I spot another, I'll let you know.

67_C-30

Added custom wheel spacers to rear, and went junkyard diving yesterday and bought a VERY nice passenger door to replaced the patented GL forklift damaged door!:roll:

Attachments

OL AG '89

Finally fixed the fuel gauge inop.....
Sons 74 Blazer stopped registering so I figured since I was doing one I would do the other..
Both cases the ground wire had come off the tank float. Rusted through at body connection. I spliced in additional wire and reattached.
Poof they were fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks