• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chief1983

I haven't had to do the Blazer's yet, but when I did my S10's uppers I found that the NAPA ball joints were an order of magnitude easier to install and work with than the Autozone ones. Not sure if they have anything similar for the Blazer though.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
New paint,bed liner,doghead relay,dashpad,misc interior items..

Nice job, I am impressed. Your picture # 3 shows your hitch with the 3 balls.

I used mine 1 time to haul a dingo trailer and it bent/pulled down. Took 2 hours to heat up and get back to original. Then I got smart and installed a class 3 hitch. Just thought I would throw it out there that these so called factory hitches SUK for any weight what so ever.

K9Vic

Added some ammo boxes and a larger explosive case to the roof rack to give it a more urban assault vehicle look. In addition added a NOS set of Smittybilt Nerf bars, CN10S2B that I got for $80 from Craigslist. That was a PITA to install as I had to drill the holes for it. I am thinking I need to Rhino line the nerf bars, but works for now.

Who knows what is next, depends on what I find cheap on Craigslist, LOL!!

Attachments

Smokingman

Added some ammo boxes and a larger explosive case to the roof rack to give it a more urban assault vehicle look. In addition added a NOS set of Smittybilt Nerf bars, CN10S2B that I got for $80 from Craigslist. That was a PITA to install as I had to drill the holes for it. I am thinking I need to Rhino line the nerf bars, but works for now.

Who knows what is next, depends on what I find cheap on Craigslist, LOL!!
Did you make your roof rack and where did you get power for your roof lights?

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the roof rack and the nerf bars, I have checked all around and I can not find the nerf bars.. The rack I believe is from a Land cruiser. LOOKS AMAZING.!

darkserra

Replaced the oil pressure sensor and pulled the new GP card and re-installed the card that came with the truck...fixed all my problems.

Lesson Learned: if it isn't broken yet, don't fix it.

Midnight Rider

I haven't had to do the Blazer's yet, but when I did my S10's uppers I found that the NAPA ball joints were an order of magnitude easier to install and work with than the Autozone ones. Not sure if they have anything similar for the Blazer though.
Lifetime warranty ball joints from Autozone were half the price of the ones from NAPA.

I don't think it would made that big of a difference where I got them from. 30 year old crud and gunk on all the original parts made that just that hard to get apart.

K9Vic

Did you make your roof rack and where did you get power for your roof lights?
Roof rack is a Kargo Master Safari Rack 52" x 60" model #50231 with hard top mounting kit #50721. I bought it used on Craigslist for less then new, but not much.

I have the lights run to a switch box in the truck, all wires are run along the side using the existing holes the military used for the radio cables. Power is direct from the front battery fused for 12v.

I like the roof rack and the nerf bars, I have checked all around and I can not find the nerf bars.. The rack I believe is from a Land cruiser. LOOKS AMAZING.!
Smittybilt does not make the nerf bars anymore, this was another Craigslist purchase from a guy who actually bought it new around 2000 and never used it. He was cleaning his garage and saw the box and listed it. I have been looking for one for a long time and just happen to catch this deal. I had found one about a year ago on a parts K5, but it was welded to the frame and no way to cut it out. I also did not want to trust those ones on eBay as I wanted a Smittybilt because I know it bolts to the frame and not body as those appear to do.

Link to the roof rack, works great and you can get this from places like 4 Wheel Parts along with the mounting kit.
KargoMaster - Safari Racks - Jeep Racks

spacelarry

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately?

Changed my GPs, GP relay, GP controller card, fuel filter, and removed the push button GP control. Now I hope my GPs stop burning out.

Napoleon_Tanerite

Ya, it is right under the passenger seat (under the truck). It sits where the supply line crosses over the frame and runs on the outside of the frame rail. I had to loop the hose and mount the pump backwards to get it to fit right, but it's in there with no kinks in the hoses. For wiring I ran a wire out from the fuse box in the cab down through the firewall and out to where the pump is. Ground is simply on the frame in the hole used to mount the pump.

SGT LongT

I am looking at the new LMC catalog (BZC.43) and they are listing step bars black with limited 3yr warranty 38-3755 199.95 plus 20 oversized shipping. I checked online, but they haven't updated to the new catalog so I couldn't post a link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks