• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayne pick

My new to me M1031

Today I did the Doghead starter relay mod. Installed Kats 1500w tank block heater. Went to tractor supply and got a 24in under bed tool box. Tomorrow fab bucket seat mounts and 20mm ammo can center console w shiftworks floor shifter and cup holders. Might change dash and door panel color to grey to match grey leather buckets from donor 2002 s10 blazer. Install Caterpillar battery lockout switch. would Like to get all this done this week!

Enginerd

Bringing my M1009 home.

Just brought my M1009 home from Nellis. Used a tow bar from Harbor Freight and some custom made adapters made from some heavy wall 2X3 tube with the internal weld ground smooth. Will post pics later. Replaced the starter relay and batteries and it started right up. Will do the Doghead relay upgrade in a few days.

IdahoPlowboy

Just brought my M1009 home from Nellis. Used a tow bar from Harbor Freight and some custom made adapters made from some heavy wall 2X3 tube with the internal weld ground smooth. Will post pics later. Replaced the starter relay and batteries and it started right up. Will do the Doghead relay upgrade in a few days.
Cool another CUCV close to me.

wayne pick

Fabbed seat mounts and installed bucket seats. Installed dual pump windshield washer tank from donor 02 s10 blazer. Applied spray cosmolene to underside of cab and inside frame rails. They drown the roads with salt up here in winter.

OL AG '89

Had to replace #1 alternator, luckily I bought two the last time so I had "an extra". Now have issue with tach "bouncing" at about 1500 RPM's. I have rechecked the position of the pickup and it seems o.k. I'm wondering if I damaged the pickup while limping truck home after loosing the alternator. The tach was bouncing wildly as the battery slowly died on the drive home, to the point as I pulled in the subdivision I had to turn off lights as the seat belt buzzer was coming on and the blinkers wouldn't blink, due to lack of power...

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
thanks, here is a better pic.
in most of the pics of gulf war cucvs i have seen, the chevrons are pretty crooked, although there are some neat ones, and some cucvs have them on the back as well.

Attachments

jets1959

Today I did the Doghead starter relay mod. Installed Kats 1500w tank block heater. Went to tractor supply and got a 24in under bed tool box. Tomorrow fab bucket seat mounts and 20mm ammo can center console w shiftworks floor shifter and cup holders. Might change dash and door panel color to grey to match grey leather buckets from donor 2002 s10 blazer. Install Caterpillar battery lockout switch. would Like to get all this done this week!
nopics

mtn man

Put a rubber floormat in recently. Wife got it for me from JC Whitney. Had to do some trimming... cleaned floor and painted with woodland paint. I also added 'extra' carpet padding to help with sound deadning. This worked well along with new door seals I put in. New rubber floor is great... truck is quieter and I know will be warmer as the weather cools!

Attachments

soule64

Soule64,

Nice paint job..

Where did you find the 383 green CARC, and how much?

Thanks

CJ
Sherwin Williams industrial store. You are going to love the price - the counter guy asks if it is for use on government contract (I was wearing my CAC card), I tell him no and he sells me a gallon each of 383 Green, Brown and Black that is one month past shelf life for $40 each.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks