• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I attempted to do my front brakes and overhaul the hubs and lockouts. Ended up having to replace the hub bodies and the bearings. They looked pretty rough. Then noticed that the threads on the spindle were pretty messed up, looks like the anti-rotational washer cracked, spun and took out a few threads. Also found the front u-joints loose. This weekend got expensive really quick.
I did my front brakes a few weeks ago and it went pretty smoothly. After reading that I'm glad I never looked at anything else.

FatBuddhaBoo

Installed new rear window rubber seals, removed old driver and passenger side window seals to paint those areas prior to installation of new seals, busted drivers side wing window while trying to open it, and modified my original lighting configuration to get my dash illumination and running lights working.

Hiram

Installed heavier rear springs, Bedlined the driver and passenger footwells and door sills, changed the oil, moved the 2M radio to a floor stalk mount, replaced it's overhead position with a fan.

I_Publius

I am finally frustrated with my truck. Today I drained The old diesel and replaced it with new.
I added two new group 31 batteries (Blemished from a large battery manufacturer here in Texas for $40 each)

Attempted to start her again and nothing.

I did get a nice electrical burning smell inside the cabin, however.

Glad this is not my daily driver.

CAVman

20130812_142723.jpg20130812_142733.jpg Stripped the M1009 to get it ready to be lined. Anybody know what those cables in my bed might before? All I can tell is it might be for a CB radio?

Durango_USMC

Well what are they hooked to? Seems like they go towards the antenna and a power block on the wall where the radios used to sit? I'm really not familiar with the M1009's though so I could be pretty wrong that. Have you checked the TM's? I recall seeing something in I think the 34 about the radio wiring in the M1009 for the comm systems.

True Knight

Installed some new longer front brake lines. Going to replace the rear too. And I found that there is something binding in the steering, so now I have to find out what's causing that. Good times.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks