• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

True Knight

Cool plates Wrex!

I finished up with the replacement of the harmonic balancer and some other maintenance stuff. Now I'm ready to head out to Gorman Ca (Hungry valley OHV park) for the 4 wheel parts customer appreciation run tomorrow morning.

wrex

Did a quick CAD and am 3D printing gauge bezel for the Oil Pressure and Water Temp gauges that I am installing, tomorrow.

gauge.bezzle.jpg

Following is the first 3 layers out of 49 that will be printed. The lines that you see are the reticular fill lines. You won't see those. The final layers will be solid.

IMG_20130914_213749_969.jpg

Last edited:
Got the tailgate cover painted and reinstalled.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379298450.015464.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379298462.278129.jpg

Painted the spare rim as the jack, spare hardware and other interior parts.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379298529.951863.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379298545.342495.jpg

New taillight lenses.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379298609.834958.jpg

Gotta get it back together to make the GA Rally.

rsh4364

Did the 3k mile oil and filt. change again,also installed new vac. modulator on trans,pretty boring stuff but it is a daily driver..Wish I could put her up and fix her up the way I want..85 1009..

wrex

Managed to get the back window in the m1009 tinted. I suck at tinting, lol. Started to do the passenger window and wind caught it and fraked it all up. So, gonna do what I should have in the first place and pony up the extra $ and have a pro do it tomorrow, lol.

Installed CB radio today and one of those 160 degree rear-view mirrors. I installed it on the shelf above the dash, under the roof.

Picked up my Flowmaster mufflers today (#942448) to replace the rusty cans on it. Doing that tomorrow as well. Will probably install my Curtis Hitch tomorrow too.

Thursday will install Hayes transmission cooler, change oil and transmission fluid and filters all around.

Friday, install RAM mount for GPS and RAM mount for my Panasonic Toughbook and other odds-and-ends.

Getting her ready for a trip to San Antonio this weekend to pick up an M1101 trailer I won and hopefully, to California the weekend following for another trailer I think I've closed a deal on.

Sorry, no pics. I'll try to get some when everything is done and before I head out Saturday.

86m1028

Managed to get the back window in the m1009 tinted. I suck at tinting, lol. Started to do the passenger window and wind caught it and fraked it all up. So, gonna do what I should have in the first place and pony up the extra $ and have a pro do it tomorrow, lol.

Installed CB radio today and one of those 160 degree rear-view mirrors. I installed it on the shelf above the dash, under the roof.

Picked up my Flowmaster mufflers today (#942448) to replace the rusty cans on it. Doing that tomorrow as well. Will probably install my Curtis Hitch tomorrow too.

Thursday will install Hayes transmission cooler, change oil and transmission fluid and filters all around.

Friday, install RAM mount for GPS and RAM mount for my Panasonic Toughbook and other odds-and-ends.

Getting her ready for a trip to San Antonio this weekend to pick up an M1101 trailer I won and hopefully, to California the weekend following for another trailer I think I've closed a deal on.

Sorry, no pics. I'll try to get some when everything is done and before I head out Saturday.
Wow, long trip for a trailer.
Fyi, your trailer is in good shape but be sure to check air pressures
They all had low tires.

To keep this related, post pics of the work you've done.

Last edited:

wrex

Wow, long trip for a trailer.
Fyi, your trailer is in good shape but be sure to check air pressures
They all had low tires.
A little bit of a trip, but was a good price. I'll check the pressure.
To keep this related, post pics of the work you've done.
How is my post not related? The title of the thread is "What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2". I posted a description of what I have done and will be doing.

I see no rule where a pic is required. Please show me where it says that.

sochuck

Installed a CIVie center console that has an actual working lock.....and a X-Ram mount! I have a tub I am working on for bed parts thanks to another member! Let me say this, my 1009 is a replacement for a 96 Land Rover. I was looking for something that had a longer mileage range and was a bit more gentle on the MPG. So far I am encouraged the results. Also, as far as power it has as much kick in the a$$ as my LR with more room. I am pleased and happy happy happy!

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cranked it up. Pulled it out of the shop. Drove it about 50 miles up to Blue Licks State Park and back. Enjoyed seeing the facial expressions of the high school boys with Dodge trucks when they saw me. Pulled it back into the shop. Set the alarm and locked up. Went and drank a few beers beside the pool. Man it don't get any better than this. Thanks Lord.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
On the m1028 I installed a Curt 14082 trailer hitch along with a 7 blade plug and a brake controller. I also added the dash bracket.
Washed the CUCV II before the trip to the Gilbert show tomorrow.

Attachments

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got in from mounting up some new BFG 255/85R16 mud terrains for the M1010. Tomorrow hope to get them balanced and installed so I can snap some pics.

set up towbar - added some 2" rubber collars from a plumbing store (shortened 1/4") to keep the super fine dust on the Res out of the tube sliding area. Also rests nicely against the bush bar when raised. Fixed the feet with shortened 1" Gr 8 bolts (ground head flat on one side to fit) and self locking nuts - so when on exterior parts don't disappear... Also replaced fly screen on camper with petscreen then painted outside in tan. Makes a lot less visible/obvious. Will be adding tan perforated vinyl window wrap on glass exterior and tint to glass interior next.1237753_685287328167138_976900747_n.jpg1234212_685287274833810_6714647_n.jpg1235116_683379305024607_671371218_n.jpg1234105_683378731691331_1520789097_n.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

SRB1976

Finally got tired of the oil leak coming from the new rear main seal. Pulled the oil pan and main cap found out the seal spun itself out and installed a new one. So far no more oil leaks.:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks