• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

DREDnot

Successfully installed the Doghead Relay Mod.
Successfully adjusted my vacuum valve to lower my shift points

Still have a gremlin in the turn signal/brake lights. Got everything working statically, but just noticed the turn signal stops flashing with brake application :mad:

cucvrus

How about weak flasher assembly? Check it out. You have 2 flashers in the fuse box. Switch them and see if that solves the issue. Assuming the 4 ways work as designed. About $10. and you can buy 2 new HD flashers. I have Trucklite LED electronic flashers in a few of mine. Please. Report back.

Bighorn

Successfully installed the Doghead Relay Mod.
Successfully adjusted my vacuum valve to lower my shift points

Still have a gremlin in the turn signal/brake lights. Got everything working statically, but just noticed the turn signal stops flashing with brake application :mad:
What Cucvrus said and make sure the bulb sockets are clean and free of corrosion, grounds are clean, any trailer harness or tail light wire connector is not corroded or wonky.
Mine did the same thing when I got it home.
Turned out to be a bad ground combined with the fancy jazz band led tail lights the previous owner installed.
I love led tech but I hate it in older vehicles.
Probably cost a small fortune for those things meanwhile I found the rear diff fluid to be composed of mostly rust and water.
Anyhow, check out those grounds!

DREDnot

What Cucvrus said and make sure the bulb sockets are clean and free of corrosion, grounds are clean, any trailer harness or tail light wire connector is not corroded or wonky.
Anyhow, check out those grounds!
New turn/tail sockets and bulbs front and rear.
No trailer socket/pintle mount at this time. There are 2 three prong weatherpac connectors hanging loose in the middle where the pintle mount was. May be for the missing trailer plug?
Cleaning grounds as I find them. Did the two at the taillights when I replaced them and the two up front when I removed the front light harness to replace the sockets.
The hazards work fine...so far.

I did notice that the harness going to the brake light switch has been modified/hacked. I was doing the relay mod at the time, so I only checked for brake light function. Not turn/brake function

Volvo740turbo

Replaced burnt bulbs in the dash
...saw my gen 2 light up for the first time then it went out...i suspect the circuit board is bad after swappimg.bulbs and sockets around and the problem did not follow the bulb...oh well
Glued toothpick to broken speedo needle.
Reconnected the shift indicator, it got messed up earlier this week

joshuak

Replaced burnt bulbs in the dash
...saw my gen 2 light up for the first time then it went out...i suspect the circuit board is bad after swappimg.bulbs and sockets around and the problem did not follow the bulb...oh well
Glued toothpick to broken speedo needle.
Reconnected the shift indicator, it got messed up earlier this week
Ran out of duct tape? :-D

Drock

So it's a kind of heat shield, what's it made of?
Yeah it's a fancy heat shield that holds the heat in the turbo. The turbo is soo close to the bottom of the battery tray it burst one of the Optima's after about 3 years. I had to clean, sand, etching primer, and paint the battery tray & inner fender. So now the down pipe, turbo, and the battery tray are all heat wrapped. Hopefully this solves the problem?

rustystud

So it's a kind of heat shield, what's it made of?
It's made from an "Asbestos" fiber and ceramics with aluminum threads. Our buses use these a lot to keep the engine compartments from catching fire. Or setting off the "fire suppression" system. They do break down after awhile and if you touch them it feels like a thousand ants crawling all over you. Also don't breath in the dust.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks