• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Still LOTS to do..

Got red LED lighting installed, and wired...

Still gotta get all the wire tied up, loomed, etc for EVERYTHING except the lights..

Got rear and both side flood lights installed (LED), rear SignalMaster installed, and a host of other things..

Still another 40-60 hours of work left.. ugh..

Without, and with, flash...

red1.jpg

red2.jpg

BostonPatriot28

I just bought (4) Four brand new tires instead of the 31x10.50R15 I got the 33x10.50R15 BF Goodrich T/A KO I got them $186 + tax mount and balanced at my local tire shop! I shopped around a lot of the shops here wanted $206 each + tax. Truck feels better my old tires are bald! best $788.64 spent I recommend this tire
BFG.jpgBFGTAKO.jpgBFGx2.jpgBFGx4.jpg

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought (4) Four brand new tires instead of the 31x10.50R15 I got the 33x10.50R15 BF Goodrich T/A KO I got them $186 + tax mount and balanced at my local tire shop! I shopped around a lot of the shops here wanted $206 each + tax. Truck feels better my old tires are bald! best $788.64 spent I recommend this tire
View attachment 512001View attachment 512002View attachment 512003View attachment 512004
Any issues with tire clearance in the front? I plan on replacing mine as well and I'm considering the 33s.

richingalveston

I ran those tires on many vehicles and found they were good everywhere but the mud. Never tried them in snow. The tread fills up and does not clear well making them almost like have slicks on in the mud. You have to have a lot of wheel spin to clear the tread pattern. I would think snow would be similar to mud.

rsh4364

Same tire and size I put on my 1009 30K miles ago,still love them and have done great in snow.And they are about to release a new version of this tire that looks really nice and rugged. Another nice thing was after adding 33s my speedometer also matches my GPS!

Last edited:

Mfriguy

What lift did you go with? How was install, any surprises? I'm ordering one today.

Brett
I got a Rough Country 6" lift and also ordered the transfer case drop, steering damper upgrade, sway bar drop. And drop Off Road Designs I ordered extended brake lines. No surprises. I did the install on my lawn with blocks but a shop with a lift is the way to go lol. Good luck and post pics. Any questions just ask.

RobM36A2

Went to a car meeting in Belgium. Saw a lot of nice stuff and even a M35a2c.

On the trip home we started discussing if the transfercase can be modded in the following way:
Current is: 2H-4H-N-4L. Would it be possible to mod the transfercase to this: 2H-4H-N-2ExtraHigh? :whistle:
For lower RPM's on the highway, for pulling and short trips I would still use the normal 2H.

This is a hypothetical question, just like to know if it would be possible.
Please no replies like: Other transmission, overdrive unit, bigger tires, other gearing in the axles.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks