• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

AECS

Took it Dove hunting, had the front end alingnged, changed oil, replaced the fuel pump. It is ready for the 350 mile trip to Fallon NV...

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did the headlight harness conversion. Pretty easy. That harness is not even one inch too long tho, careful how you route it.

rsh4364

Ordered new starter,hope this one lasts longer than 30k miles this time,although I was pretty rough on this one,cold winter and fuel,GP issues last winter.Went with DB again.

Last edited:

unaffiliated

Speaking of starters, I got me a brand spanking new 12 Volt Gear Reduction Starter, NOT A REMAN. Can't wait to do my 12 Volt Roscommon Conversion. I have opted for Version 3 which will give me 2 separate charging systems, 1 for all the stuff the truck came with originally and another for the winch and other accessories I am planning on installing.

rsh4364

After changing vacuum pump,vacuum lines,vacuum regulating valve and vacuum modulator on the trans. All I can say is WOW! Its almost hard to tell when it shifts,I adjusted reg. valve all the way towards radiator stills shifts great at much lower speeds than before.After I replace a starter, cant wait to take it on a road trip. After I get it road worthy again gonna fine tune the vac.mod. on trans. would like to raise shifts points a bit higher.

Last edited:

MarcusOReallyus

After changing vacuum pump,vacuum lines,vacuum regulating valve and vacuum modulator on the trans. All I can say is WOW! Its almost hard to tell when it shifts,I adjusted reg. valve all the way towards radiator stills shifts great at much lower speeds than before.After I replace a starter, cant wait to take it on a road trip. After I get it road worthy again gonna fine tune the vac.mod. on trans. would like to raise shifts points a bit higher.
Nice. What were the total damage$ on that?

RobM36A2

Yesterday drove around a lot and today bought me another M101a2.
Just needed to put on the original trailerplug , because the trailer lights were modified to the euro system.

Last edited:

rsh4364

Today finally got starter changed,2 day affair,wont do aftermarket ever again! Hooked up an oil pressure gauge,55lbs at idle warm.Is this normal? Switched out non working volt gauge for one laying on my desk for 2 years,new one works,never had one working till now.Is it normal at idle for gauge to be right on border of green and red? Oh yeah one upgrade I made while I had starter out,I replaced fact. starter cable with 1/0 ga power cable,as soon all my pwr. cables will be 1/0 gauge.

Last edited:

lostnbfe

Hopefully this will keep me from having to get Ken (Coffey1) to pull me out of the mud this year at the GA rally. Oh and the shackle mounts will slide out 3 inches on either side for mounting on the rear if needed. Plenty of storage for chains, ropes and straps. The lights are wired into the winch so no seperate connections to the rear for and lights up with a flip of a switch once there's power to the winch.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:

K9Vic

That is 10x better over my design. I just use the plate and receiver mounts from Harbor Friend. I took the lights off as they are all on the grille now.
Yours is all fabricated and done very well.

1998 Suburban CUCV clone.

IMG_2957a.jpg52db0be4.jpg

lostnbfe

Thanks guys!! I had two high school kids from tech school fab this up from an idea I got off of a rig from YouTube. BTW love the Suburban CUCV clone!

K9Vic

Thanks guys!! I had two high school kids from tech school fab this up from an idea I got off of a rig from YouTube. BTW love the Suburban CUCV clone!
Thanks, many hours of work to make it into a CUCV.

I know exactly what M1009 you are referring too, carcedcucv. You did a good job in cloned it.

RobM36A2

Tackled the problem with my aftermarket winch today.
The previous owner installed it, but it never worked.
After a lot of searching, I found out the relais were not grounded.. :doh:
So grounded them. After that, the relais were working, but not the winch..
The voltage was a bit low, so started up and after a lot of switching between winch in and winch out, it finally kicked into life.

So now my winch is finally working :cool:

unaffiliated

I finished up the Roscommon 12V conversion on my 1008 today. Installed the brand new (NOT Reman) gear reduction starter, fabricated a support bracket so I didn't have to wait till I got the OE part before I drove the truck. Starts great and charges great. I am so glad I finally did this mod. Go ahead and hate, don't care. It is my truck, I do what I want to it.

soldierman79

I finished up the Roscommon 12V conversion on my 1008 today. Installed the brand new (NOT Reman) gear reduction starter, fabricated a support bracket so I didn't have to wait till I got the OE part before I drove the truck. Starts great and charges great. I am so glad I finally did this mod. Go ahead and hate, don't care. It is my truck, I do what I want to it.
I did the same to my 1009. Haven't regretted it one bit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks