• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

rednckii

Changed oil and filter, drained both axles and filled with gear oil and aintislip additive in front end. Changed tranny fluid and filter. Now need to look into next weeks job.

100acre

Well I've had lots of overheating issues with my 1008 and not being a mechanic meself I had to rely on a supposed real one whom just took advantage of me . LEARN TO READ THE TM's ! Anyway I have a new friend that happens to be employed by the National Guard as a mechanic for the past 16 years! He was kind, honest and cheap$. Plus he taught me quite a few things. We changed out the thermostat, (2nd one in 1 year). Then we proceeded to remove the radiator and drained the old fluids, then flushed it( a good thing ). I may want to replace the whole radiator one day soon. The last mechanic was supposed to install a trans fluid cooler and he put it behind the radiator...duh what a maroon, even I knew where it's supposed to go! So we switched it to the front. Pressure washed the engine compartment, changed a couple of belts, did fluids. Before all of this she were running hot at 250*+. Now she's purring in at 185-210* on the water and trans fluid gauges! Also today I added another singars antenna and finally installed my two antennae brush guards ( last year someone cut their forehead on my mount) now they are forehead guards too! Recently replaced steering column which fixed turn signal, ignition and horn issues. Tuesday I'm getting a new used windshield for $100 installed! If this keeps goin we'll keep her from the razor blade factory! Now my gauge lights are out, so we're not out of the water yet, she be no titanic thankee the good lord, but she's gonna be the Indefatigable when were done!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may want to make a few call to price brand new windshields. That body style has the cheapest windshield of about ev everything. New won't be much more.

northeastm1009

First coat of flat black paint on the front and rear bumpers and replaced the tailgate glass channel and channel filler. Now the back glass actually rolls up and won't fall down if i hit a bump:driver:
Phone Photos 001.jpgPhone Photos 002.jpgPhone Photos 003.jpg

lonewolf90

Just painted my m1008 its a 1986 with 32987 original miles. Will be replacing the crossover pipe when I get one and and doing the dog head relay mod then she will be my daily driver can't wait.

100acre

You may want to make a few call to price brand new windshields. That body style has the cheapest windshield of about ev everything. New won't be much more.
Well I took your advice and called around but this guy offered to sell it for $50 and install it for $50. The cheapest anyone else offered was $199.

100acre

Today I had the windshield replaced. Don't throw screwdrivers inside truck; they bounce! Tomorrow I'm replacing all of the wood on the troop seats and back rests. Wish I had some nice mahogany, but yellow pine will do. I will have to wire brush the surface rust on the seat supports. thinking about adding stereo. music will be a welcome change to RRRRUUUMMMMMMM. Gonna paint her and my M101A2 on Thursday . I will get some before and after pix to share.

CycleJay

Hi all,

The only thing I have done lately is have the glow plugs replaced, one alternator and the fuel injection pump rebuilt.
And even though she was running great just prior to the failure of the above parts, she runs even better now.
Having that work done, was a major improvement in my opinion... She is stronger, louder, and prouder now! I am very happy!

Good day...

God bless all of you.

I just finished taping then painting my truck, trailer and me, all in OD. I got the paint from Chief_919 . Good stuff looks good, gonna add some pix of before and after

sorry for upside down pix. Stupid iPad mini. Or is that stupid me?
So you can camoflauge with the truck or the trailer now. Looks good. What kind of paint is it?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bad news! While you were sleeping, Andre the Butcher got ahold of your front fenders with 15HP gas powered Sawzall. Looks like he chopped out a bunch of fender! Paint looks great but I have this kink in my neck now! (Sattire)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks