• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last night I about grenaded my rear end.. Pulled the cover to find missing teeth, and a bunch of metal shavings..

Picked up another 10 bolt LSd at a junkyard.... looks pretty good. Some wear on the teeth, but should last me another 50K+

I also picked up some sliders... The rear axle and the rear side sliding windows, all which were like brand new, set me back about $300..

They have an M1009 there, but it just came in, doesn't have its 'papers' yet.... :(

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
New shoes, bfg radial TA

33x12.5 r15, no rub, no lift just right

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400624976.825289.jpg

$850 all in, I was happy

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stock rims? Mine are 16". Or did you buy some other rims, too?

Nice, either way! :beer:
Thank you Marcus, stock standard 15" M1009 rims. Never seen 16 on a CUCV but I never saw a lot of things :)

Just cleaned all the electrical connections on those pesky relays under the dash and got my voltmeter working again!!!

i am going for a ride. Now I got to get a spare, I did not have my spare rim with me last Friday.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got a replacement rear from the junkyard, only to realize it was an open and not a locker...

So, got to take it back tomorrow, and hopefully they'll have the one I need...

Meanwhile....rear3.jpg

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trucks (m1008, 1028,1010, 1031) have 16" wheels. m1009 has 15" wheels. 15" will not clear the brakes on the 1-1/4 chassis.
That is why the SS community is so awesome, you can learn something new every hour! Thanks for posting clarifications

soulbrojosh

I just managed to strip out the end fitting on the new Upper oil cooler line i was installing!!!! Does anyone know of anyone who sells the lines with something other than aluminum fittings?

00Buck

Spent my birthday with my father tearing into the front end of my 1028. Would start a death wobble when braking from 55 for a stop light with an instant on/off yellow. Noticed the brakes had a little pulse like they were warped; which would initiate the wobble. Had the rotors turned and thought it would be smart to replace the u-joints on the front axle while I was there. Had a heck of a time getting the old joints out with large bench vise and sockets. All back together and seems to be good. Turning rotors 24$, Seals for hubs 34$, one outer bearing set 13$, two u-joints 76$, spending a day wrenching on a fun toy with my 76 year old father I hadn't seen is 18 months... Priceless. Blessed Memorial Day to all.

lostintexas

Son and I replaced belts and hoses on the M1009 today. Needed to replace the heater core but decided to go the cheap route and just install a by-pass until a little $$$ came in. Had to search the forums a few times for belt routing and correct belt sizes.

Everyone have a great day tomorrow!