• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

tankie88

It's located under the dash in the drivers footwell up near the handbrake fitting.In a black plastic box with 4 wires coming off it.There is a small press catch on one side of it.Press it in and pull the box away from the plug.Then there are 2 side catches in the box with the card in. That allows you to take the card out of the box.Mine filled with water(from a leak I had) and shorted out the card(burning out 2 components) and leaving the low coolant light on all the time.

Last edited:

cucvrus

Interesting. I have seen it a million times and never knew what it was. I learned something today. I probably forgot about it over the years. They were never any problem that I recall. Thank you. Happy Holidays.

Baer

It's located under the dash in the drivers footwell up near the handbrake fitting.In a black plastic box with 4 wires coming off it.There is a small press catch on one side of it.Press it in and pull the box away from the plug.Then there are 2 side catches in the box with the card in. That allows you to take the card out of the box.Mine filled with water(from a leak I had) and shorted out the card(burning out 2 components) and leaving the low coolant light on all the time.
I never knew about that card either. Where do you get a replacement? My coolant light has come on every now and then, since the first day I got my M1008. I always thought it was a sensor somewhere that needed replacing. Come to think of it, it might still be a sensor but now I have something else to check too. Thanks

KansasBobcat

Picked up 2 antenna mounts for M1009 yesterday. Can't decicde where to install. There a 4 holes behind passenger door and 4 holes on the back of each fender/quarter panel. Will just be for looks. Want to mount them where they will be the least hassle. Any suggestions appreciated. Some of the holes have 1/4-20 rivnuts and others are just holes. I have rivnut tool. Thanks

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Picked up 2 antenna mounts for M1009 yesterday. Can't decicde where to install. There a 4 holes behind passenger door and 4 holes on the back of each fender/quarter panel. Will just be for looks. Want to mount them where they will be the least hassle. Any suggestions appreciated. Some of the holes have 1/4-20 rivnuts and others are just holes. I have rivnut tool. Thanks
Depends if you want to keep it original to the age of your M1009. The 84's had them on the back end and tied down the antenna to the front and then the government decided it better to mount them behind the doors and tie the antennas to the back. This helped keep the antennas from grabbing trees and such.

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have dual antenna mounts near the doors on my M1009. I have the antennas tied back to the rear bumper. I've taken my truck off road many times. Tree limbs roll over the antennas without any problems. I hear the whips slap against the topper when going over rough terrain. It's somewhat unnerving to hear them hit, but I know where the sound is coming from so I don't worry about it.

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hear the whips slap against the topper when going over rough terrain. It's somewhat unnerving to hear them hit, but I know where the sound is coming from so I don't worry about it.

I had the same problem; the fix I did was to take short pieces of black refrigerant line insulation (5/8" I think) and slip it over the antenna were it hits the topper. I shaped the ends with a bevel and painted it green. Looks like a factory job and not a add on.

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like your modification!! :) I'll have to do that! How did you secure the insulation?
I just sprayed some green paint on the antenna mast and slipped it over the wet paint. Also to detail the insulation ends I took it to the grinding wheel and ground the shape. It worked better than using a knife.

KansasBobcat

Thank you all for responses to my antenna location question. They explain why the rear holes have been plugged and the front ones have bolts in them. I will probably use the front location for ease of mounting. Doubt if I will go in the trees but front location makes sense. Great web site! Bob

MarcusOReallyus

Spin-on fuel filter mod. I did the Napa #4770 and 3005 filter. Took me four hours because I stared at it and scratched my head a lot.
My wife does that to me a lot.

Hasn't done her any good - she still can't figure me out.

Nice clean installation! :beer: Any plans for a pressure gauge, or bleeder valve?

AECS

LMC Headlight harness, radiator flush, new thermostat, new upper and lower radiator hoses, and water temp gauge all went in today. Only problem is the brights don't work now... the spedo indicator lights up, the regular lights go out, but no brights... I swapped the relays, but it didn't help. Brights worked before, will chase it tomorrow, I should have verified they worked before I put it all together, I just checked the low beams...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks