• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

CUCVLOVER

Sorry I took so long.
Its to keep in the electricity. Haha just joking.

Yes that is the pickup for the autometer tachometer I added to the truck right after I got it.
It reads the electronic field of the alt. That's how I understand it anyway.

Could someone please post a pic of this plate under the hose?
Thanks.

Attachments

Last edited:

cucvrus

Just take a pice of aluminum and put it where the belt could conytact the upper hose. It is an easy fix. The upper clamp from new had a stainless steel piece as part of the clamp. It protects the hose from the belt should it bounce up and touch it. I have used double clamps if I had to make the metal guard. It should be like .040 aluminum. A beverage can is not heavy enough and will bent to easily. Good luck.

german m1008

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry I took so long.
Its to keep in the electricity. Haha just joking.

Yes that is the pickup for the autometer tachometer I added to the truck right after I got it.
It reads the electronic field of the alt. That's how I understand it anyway.

Could someone please post a pic of this plate under the hose?
Thanks.
In my post ( nr. 1897 ) I've got two pictures of the plate.

the skull

Not today but in the last couple weeks I removed the injection pump, had it rebuilt with a Stanadyne kit,
reinstalled it and after driving it, I have figured out that I should have done that a long time ago.
I also replaced the vacuum lines for the transmission.

Old Number 13 now runs and shifts like I imagine she would have about 30 years ago.

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Getting the M1028A1 cargo cover bows all fixed up with new straps and new fiberglass put on the troop seats. Will post pictures tomorrow.

Last edited:

rsh4364

Today, on new to me 86 1009 oil & filter change.Rotella T6 and 2qt.oilfilter.Changed out 31" tires to 33" tires.I really forgot how heavy these tires and wheels are,Ill be sore tomorrow.

Last edited:

lostintexas

Installed a 2" lift kit today. It rides so much better with the new shocks. Gained a full 2.5" in the rear, front only gained 1.25" Looks like I'll be adding some zero rates/ez inch to even everything out. Man were those factory bolts a pain to get out!

Wired in up the winch too for both front and back use using a Warn quick disconnect kit.

1986 M1009

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Changed out the windshield on my m1028 today with one from a parts truck I bought last year. The old one had a scratch from the wiper arm on it, the "new" one is mint and tinted at the top. I'll have to get the right tools for the next time, it was a bit tedious doing this one with a screwdriver but it's done.

Attachments

chief1983

Does it have the built in antenna? I got mine replaced through insurance after my buddy smashed mine with his head when we were offroading and he wasn't wearing a seatbelt, and they got me the one with the antenna and the tinted top both. Got the antenna dongle from LMC and used that as my radio antenna.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks