• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

german m1008

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, I bet you do, too!

Do you ever get any comments about your rig from anybody, german m1008?
When I pass on some people sometimes get the raised thumb.
Some People come and say, wanting such a Truck since their childhood.
Other ones want to know about the mpg.
My truck is definitely a better headturner than a Porsche, at least most of the time.

Assel

Yeah, I bet you do, too!

Do you ever get any comments about your rig from anybody, german m1008?
let me answer this aswell: Over here such "light" Trucks with a 6.2 V8 Diesel equipped are just not common (or any other motor bigger than a 3.0tdi). Wherever I take my CUCV it gets attention like a real monster-truck .... even when I bring it to work (we do have 100t excavators & 120t quarry trucks etc.) everyone is amazed and wants to talk and take a look under the hood, in the back, cabin....

since I live really rural there were no bad moments yet...just some "green" moms on the supermarket parking lot shaking their heads ... Oh and everytime I meet another US-truck on the road its smiling and greeting on both sides...but that happens like twice a month..

its really special

gottaluvit

I finally remembered to change my turn signal flasher. The one on it blinked so fast with the trailer attached that anyone behind me couldn't tell they were blinking if I had the brake on. I just switched with a civy truck I won't be using anymore. Was fine with no trailer.20151013_165514.jpg

The photo is the one I put in. It blinks nice and slow (normal).

Assel

Today I took the M1009 to a washing-place, will put her to "wintersleep" soon...I expect the annoying moving salt shakers to come out of their holes the next days...we do have around 3°C now at night... but she still fires right up when the glowing light goes out. As soon as we have a nice amount of Snow over the roads and not salt-mud I will take the CUCV out to play again, but the dayliedriver will be my Audi 80 quattro.

DSC_0015.jpg

cucvrus

I refused to work on this truck M1028

004.jpg005.jpg006.jpg007.jpg008.jpgI never seen the whole truck but was sent these pictures to see if I was interested in working on it. My reply was NO. Definitely NOT. It looks to be so hacked up that I have no desire to touch it. It has a 350 gas motor and I am told it has an outboard motor fuel tank in the bed for the last 3 years. I even questioned the guy if it was military. I have my doubts. He just heard I fix rust. Not today. My Son just called me it has CUCV doors and brush guard and that is all that is military about it. Poor 18 year old kid thought he bought a military pickup on Craig list. Ended up with a rusted 86 Scottsdale 1/2 ton 4 X 4 with a hand full of CUCV parts on it. He had it at the shop for inspection. It did not pass.

Last edited:

cucvrus

I thought someone here was funning with me. Until my Son called and he said to the owner to send me the pictures and ask me to fix it. I don't think this was a serious inquiry. Just a prankster poking fun of my Mr Rusty project. But the truck really does exist and is driven as a farm truck. It's all fun and games until the cab falls off the frame.

Ackevor

What hasn't been done would be a shorter list I'm afraid haha. I plan to start my own thread once complete and list all photos I took along the way but basically started restoring my truck early June. Put about 500 hours into it so far and nearly done. Last night I replaced glow plugs and v belts (F that Power steering belt!), getting it on and off wasnt bad, it was getting it the right tension while trying to bolt down by myself haha. Anyway I'm glad I should finally get the truck back on the road in the next week.

Its not going to be a pretty truck, I just wanted to restore it to a good reliable tow rig for my ATV's. Bed has lots of dents as does the tailgate. But if it starts, pulls, and stops without breaking anything along the way I will be satisfied.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks