• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a reminder to everyone on this site.

While most of us are not prudes, nor live under a rock, this site is a family friendly site (never know who is reading the posts). With that being said foul language is heavily frowned upon.

The F-bomb and any iteration of it (spelled incorrectly, abbreviated or not) will not be tolerated and will get you into trouble. A new user just had a post deleted and a warning issued (I would have given him an infraction point).

You are more that free to use colorful language but don't do it here. Pirate4x4 has many users that use it as their primary vocbulary.
You guys amaze me sometimes.

I just issued two infractions and deleted the two post of a couple of non-newbs that used the F-bomb after I just issued the warning.

DON'T USE THE F-BOMB (or any iteration of it) on this site.

Last edited:

cucvrus

You delete posts if people comment on related issues to vehicle wanted ads. No on line F bombs were used. Sometimes I don't understand the rules. And other don't either. I hear it all the time. It is a little click you have to be in to get away with whatever. You seem to change as you people see fit. By the mood you are in or what ever is going on. How can a Vehicle wanted ad be deleted because we had conversation about the wanted vehicle and its price and availability? It was my posted AD. And I paid to post on this site. Just like that deleted. Because YOU did not like our conversation.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did not delete your thread. Another moderator did after you said you where done. In your Want Ad all I did was remind every one that the Want Ads Forum is not the proper forum for discussing the pros and cons of different MVs (and posting to the Want Ads is free)

Last edited:

cucvrus

You are not helping me out. You deleted my pictures. I guess they offended you. Again. A minor little discussion (infraction) turns into a big drama. And you were part of the discussion. I don't get it.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You delete posts if people comment on related issues to vehicle wanted ads. No on line F bombs were used. Sometimes I don't understand the rules. And other don't either. I hear it all the time. It is a little click you have to be in to get away with whatever. You seem to change as you people see fit. By the mood you are in or what ever is going on. How can a Vehicle wanted ad be deleted because we had conversation about the wanted vehicle and its price and availability? It was my posted AD. And I paid to post on this site. Just like that deleted. Because YOU did not like our conversation.

The reason for no discussions in the classified section is two fold. It clutters up the section, we simply want to keep it streamlined. And second, meaningful discussions/facts are lost after 30 days of inactivity.

Also your last post in the thread seemed as though you were done with the thread.

cucvrus said:
Just forget answering me. I will find what I want else where. To many rules and regulations here for me here. This is a hobby not a task. Thank you for the replies. I will move along. Thank you. No discussions allowed.
I see that the WTB (trade) thread has been cleared up now and is viewable to all. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to PM me.

gottaluvit

Just read the stickies, as not doing so will earn you infractions, even if it is NOwhere in the forum rules that you must read the stickies and adhere to hidden rules!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay guys enough. This is the wrong thread for these types of discussions and this thread has been derailed

:derailed:

Back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just read the stickies, as not doing so will earn you infractions, even if it is NOwhere in the forum rules that you must read the stickies and adhere to hidden rules!
Good point, I amended the rules to reflect your suggestion. But there are no "hidden rules".

joshuak

Outsourced some work on my '09 for the first time, had to accept that straightening a bent front propeller shaft is currently above my skill level.
It's installed and doing it's thing. :cool:
View attachment 593609

I removed my engine wiring harness with the objective of doing some preventive maintenance, replace power feed cables for the charging circuit, replace packard connectors when I couldn't get them as clean as I wanted, etc. I found that the insulation for the glow plug fusible links had fused together, so I replaced those with 14ga wire and they go to a fuse box which is fed by the GP relay.

Definitely still a work in progress, but it is in the truck and the truck is taking me to and fro (systems are functioning). So, I'm happy.

View attachment 593613IMG_0792.jpgView attachment 593612IMG_0810.jpg

Also, I ordered some NO-Ox, which I read about here on the site (thanks folks), inadvertently I got the jar with a screw cap top, so I purchased a 10 ml. syringe filled it up with grease and have been going around to all the plugs, terminals, connections, etc. and shooting them up with a little grease.

gnick

Just had my driver side inner/outer rockers and part of the floors done at the body shop. I wouldve had some issues if I wouldve let it go through another chicago winter. see attached before and after photos of my m1009. IMG_1800.JPGIMG_2029.jpgIMG_2028.jpgIMG_2027.jpg

gnick

hey thanks - i appreciate that...i did some shopping around and these guys had a bunch of classic cars and trucks sitting in their shop so i figured that was a good sign. They also said "SWEET TRUCK" when i rolled up, so i think they had me as a customer from there. 600$ cash, and it only took 2 days.

Another Ahab

Considering the quality and professionalism of the work:

- It sure seems fair to me.

And I'd call the two-day turn around a bonus; worth keeping their business card. :mrgreen:

rsh4364

You guys amaze me sometimes.

I just issued two infractions and deleted the two post of a couple of non-newbs that used the F-bomb after I just issued the warning.

DON'T USE THE F-BOMB (or any iteration of it) on this site.
I am guilty of the infraction and apologize,sorry guys,wasnt thinking.

Another Ahab

I am guilty of the infraction and apologize,sorry guys,wasnt thinking.
You're not the first or the only one to slip off the trail; I've done it more than I like to admit.

And if we didn't occasionally then, shoot, the Mods here would all likely just fall asleep, so it probably all works out. :beer:

Ilikemtb999

I did this recently. Make sure the heads are all the way ground down. Then hit it with a bigger hammer. They will come off.

Finally got both hangers off. Used a cut off wheel to cut slots in each rivet, chiseled off the big pieces and then used a grind wheel to cut the rivets way down. Then hammered brackets off. Used a punch and hammer to remove rivets and then used various screw drivers, wire, coat hangers to get the nuts inside the frame to get them lined up for bolting the shackle flip on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks