• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

Another Ahab

Installed 2 WOLO air horns (because Atlanta traffic)
Is there anyway we could get a sound clip of them?
There are likely lots of horns out there, but is WOLO kind of the horn to get?

And for my buddy, CUCVLOVER, I notice that YouTube has a few clips of WOLO horns (though you might have to wade through some useless chatter before you get to the horn).

gottaluvit

Got my front shocks swapped out with very fresh Rough Country shocks I had recently put on a civy '86 Chevy. They extended very quickly after removing the lower bolt on my parts truck so I knew they were still very good to go. The road test afterward reassured me they would hold up for a while. Rides like a new truck.

Assel

I changed all shocks on my ´09 today, the old ones were totally worn out, you could push them down by hand and they wont ever come back up. I aswell changed the steering one. The left one on the rear was a mess to get out all other came off pretty easy.

No more "basketball" when going through a hole in the road ... feels way better to drive

cucvrus

I pulled a house down with my M1009 Crown of Thorns and Terminus M1009. Terminus M1009 had the left front axle U joint lock up and I could not steer it. I have had that torn down for the past 3 weeks. DSCF5947.jpgDSCF5948.jpgDSCF5949.jpgDSCF5951.jpgDSCF5952.jpgIt never seems to be just do one thing with me. I always go all out and rebuild everything I see questionable. I ran Crown of Thorns for 8-10 hours straight for the last month every Saturday and Sunday. The house is gone and the M1009 never failed me. I have videos posted on Facebook. We burned 90% of the house in Mr Rusty's rusty stock cargo bed. Fun Fun. But a lot of hard work. I was on a vehicle buying trip and bought some nice vehicles. I am parting ways with all but 1 and will keep that as a project. Nothing that would interest any one here. But the funny thing was it was listed as a CUCV. I came back and started posting again because a few people ask me back. Thank you for your support and friendship. If you have nothing positive to say about my posts. Sorry.

cucvrus

I am going to build a new house for some tenants to live in. Or maybe I will drive my Crown of Thorns down in the hole and dig and climb my way out. Remember. That ain't going to pull it out. Stock tires stock engine stock exhaust. And the tow strap went snap and the truck lurched from the pit of mud and the photographer ran backwards. Remember that video? (;:) :D

KansasBobcat

Did glass run and window seals on M1008 passenger door. Took longer to remove glass run as it was rock hard! It is good to have a skinny arm to get inside the door. Again, lots of silicone spray on glass run really helps. Hope I don't have to do this again.

cucvrus

indexAll hooked up and ready to go..jpgI have my M1009 Crown of Thorns all hooked up and ready to go. Sign said free firewood and mountain stone. I'm there in the AM. I checked it out after work and no one else was going because of Christmas Eve. I think I can cut 4-5 trailer loads by lunch. The owner has some nice oak he wants gone. It is down and next to a field. Skidding time. Oh Joy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks