• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

Another Ahab

Definite sign that something has went wrong. When you see the trailer your pulling out of the front windshield.
Someone on here once had the thrill of watching one of their tires pass them while underway. :3dAngus:

Can't remember now exactly who that was, but the good news is they're still around to tell the story.

GunnyM1009

Someone on here once had the thrill of watching one of their tires pass them while underway. :3dAngus:

Can't remember now exactly who that was, but the good news is they're still around to tell the story.
I have had that happen it wasn't in my cucv though. It was in my first car which was a 1986 Chevy Cavalier 2door pos. I was breaking to make a left at a light heard a loud pop then witnessed my rear wheel and tire over take me. Hit a curb went into a store parking lot bounced up from hitting the curb in front of the store and nailed the plexy glass window. Bounced off of that rolled back through the parking lot out to the road between the rear bumper of a black BMW and the front bumper of a Dodge 2500 and finally came to rest in the parking lot of the furniture store across the street. If it wasn't actually happening to me it would have been a hilarious spectacle to watch.

GunnyM1009

I have had that happen it wasn't in my cucv though. It was in my first car which was a 1986 Chevy Cavalier 2door pos. I was breaking to make a left at a light heard a loud pop then witnessed my rear wheel and tire over take me. Hit a curb went into a store parking lot bounced up from hitting the curb in front of the store and nailed the plexy glass window. Bounced off of that rolled back through the parking lot out to the road between the rear bumper of a black BMW and the front bumper of a Dodge 2500 and finally came to rest in the parking lot of the furniture store across the street. If it wasn't actually happening to me it would have been a hilarious spectacle to watch.

tim292stro

Someone on here once had the thrill of watching one of their tires pass them while underway...
That was probably me - it was memorable.

But I imagine that pales in comparison to seeing a trailer that looks just like yours going by you - probably as bad as seeing loads of sparks in your rearview mirror while you're hauling wooden pallets, then pulling over and realizing your trailer isn't following you any more, and even worse when you get out and find the drawbar is still connected to your hitch...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7XzAhaAQnk

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That was probably me - it was memorable.

But I imagine that pales in comparison to seeing a trailer that looks just like yours going by you - probably as bad as seeing loads of sparks in your rearview mirror while you're hauling wooden pallets, then pulling over and realizing your trailer isn't following you any more, and even worse when you get out and find the drawbar is still connected to your hitch...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7XzAhaAQnk

Wow!! That would be hard to explain, i'd think. "No, Officer. Those pallets and trailer aren't mine. No Sir." LOL

Another Ahab

I have had that happen it wasn't in my cucv though. It was in my first car which was a 1986 Chevy Cavalier 2door pos. I was breaking to make a left at a light heard a loud pop then witnessed my rear wheel and tire over take me. If it wasn't actually happening to me it would have been a hilarious spectacle to watch.
I hear you. Those kinds of adventure are always better to hear about happening to somebody else.

But the good news is nobody got hurt (I hope), and now you got a killer story to tell whenever storytime comes up. :beer:

tim292stro

Tim292stro, I think that was you; but I can't remember what the thread was where you told us about it...
Here.

Not much use losing one's head, I was coming out of surgery for a dental abscess about 11 years back (popped a filling and it got infected before I could see a dentist, eek), and the doctor commented that I was the easiest patient he'd worked on in a long time. Apparently people don't like to "let go" when general anesthesia is administered, the OR staff counts backwards from ten and many people get to 3 or 2 - I was out at 9. I asked him: "Would it have helped if I panicked?"

On topic, I got a new jack and wrench for the truck this week from ePlace, so now that I have new tires on the rims and a jack, wrench, and good spare, I feel better about being on the freeway. Moving a friend this past week I had a few opportunities to do so, and I'm happy to report that the truck runs beautifully :beer:

Last edited:

gottaluvit

Got my tires balanced today while in town getting my M1102 weighed, and getting plates for her. They said all tires were over 7 oz. out. Three of four rims are bent. Good thing I saved all four old GM 16.5s off a '76 1 ton (non dually) Chevy years ago. Still rides better being balanced.

Another Ahab

Got my tires balanced today while in town getting my M1102 weighed, and getting plates for her. They said all tires were over 7 oz. out. Three of four rims are bent. Good thing I saved all four old GM 16.5s off a '76 1 ton (non dually) Chevy years ago. Still rides better being balanced.
You bet:

- Balanced is good.

balanced.jpg

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
gottaluvit - It's already too late. You have a terminal case of OD Fever. You will never be balanced in any way, shape, or form again. You're hopelessly addicted to OD iron. You have a positive prognosis, though. Myself and the rest of the Green Iron Laughing Academy :naner::jumpin::cookoo::mrgreen: are right here by your side, through thick and thicker!!!!

[thumbzup]

To keep my post oriented in the same direction as this thread: This weekend is time for my bi-weekly full fluids check, and my monthly tire pressure check. I'm taking Vinnie on a trip next week, and it's time to clean him out and get him ready.

gottaluvit

gottaluvit - It's already too late. You have a terminal case of OD Fever. You will never be balanced in any way, shape, or form again. You're hopelessly addicted to OD iron. You have a positive prognosis, though. Myself and the rest of the Green Iron Laughing Academy :naner::jumpin::cookoo::mrgreen: are right here by your side, through thick and thicker!!!!

[thumbzup]

To keep my post oriented in the same direction as this thread: This weekend is time for my bi-weekly full fluids check, and my monthly tire pressure check. I'm taking Vinnie on a trip next week, and it's time to clean him out and get him ready.
Thanks for the support ODfever. Somehow I think this goes against the 12 step rules. Just kidding. Besides, I like tan iron too!

howardc

Replaced glow plugs, none were swollen! put new batteries in and four days later they are dead. Took to Auto Zone and turns out neither alt was charging. cleaned contacts on the dummy lights, alt 1 works fine, alt 2 may need to be replaced.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks