• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

SGT LongT

In case anyone wondered what their dash looks like without all the foam and vinyl. If I were doing a show expedition vehicle I would just clear coat it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

richingalveston

would like to see that dash painted then put blanks on the backside where the round holes are in a different color. paint it OD green with black fillers on the underside for a green and black dot pattern dash.

Kaiser67M715

would like to see that dash painted then put blanks on the backside where the round holes are in a different color. paint it OD green with black fillers on the underside for a green and black dot pattern dash.
just paint the under dash black, and the cover green, then see how it looks(post pics when its in truck)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now I'm sorry I pitched my old dashpad. That screams to have some extra fab work done and installed with clear or paint only.

glaser06

Patched a rust hole behind my drivers side door and coated the corners of my cab inside with cosmoline type product.

Sent from atop the porcelain throne.

PJL

Monday I noticed the water in fuel light stayed on. So I did some research, easy fix. Tuesday I tried to start it and drain the filter. No go. Too late. Engine will not run on water despite the fact it's made out of oxygen and hydrogen. Pulled the filter off, drained it, learned how to prime it via trial and error. After about 2 hours I got it to start. Runs fine. Now I need to overhaul the starter which will not turn over when very hot.

3jumpjeep

Monday I noticed the water in fuel light stayed on. So I did some research, easy fix. Tuesday I tried to start it and drain the filter. No go. Too late. Engine will not run on water despite the fact it's made out of oxygen and hydrogen. Pulled the filter off, drained it, learned how to prime it via trial and error. After about 2 hours I got it to start. Runs fine. Now I need to overhaul the starter which will not turn over when very hot.
I recently changed my fuel filter for the first time. Found a video on You Tube that saved me much aggravation.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

jpg

There is a "water in fuel" light? Where is it located?
Dude... Read the manual. It's #8 below.

cucvdash.JPGcucvdash2.JPG

If you click on the highlighted word "manual" above, it's a link to the manual, which you can bookmark, download, print, etc. The highlighting tells you it's a link.

There are 5 basic CUCV manuals. The -10 tells you how to operate it. The -20 tells you basic maintenance. The -30 is more advanced maintenance. The -20P and -30P manuals are parts used at the 20 and 30 level.

Folks will respond with much more enthusiasm if you read the manuals and do a search before asking questions.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks