• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

cpf240

Are the batteries connected correctly? Assuming the truck is still wired for 24v, then they should be in series, not parallel. If the starter is getting only 12v when it is expecting 24v, that might make it turn the engine over slowly.

MarcusOReallyus

You'll get better help if you start a thread about your particular problem instead of just jumping into the first thread you see.

I would point you to the thread on how to start a new thread, which is located in the "Forum Tips and Tricks" section, but I see that section has become completely useless because of all the idiots posting general technical questions there!

So go to the forum home page and look near the top left for the BIG "POST NEW THREAD" button. It's not hard to see.

Last edited:

My Belly

Yes. The batteries are sending the 24 volts to the starter. The truck has run well until I had it parked for about the last 3 weeks. Now I have been unable to crank it the last 3 days. I have done nothing to it since I parked it 3 weeks ago.

cucvrus

DSCF7513.jpgDSCF7521.jpgDSCF7520.jpgDSCF7519.jpgDSCF7518.jpgDSCF7517.jpgDSCF7516.jpgDSCF7515.jpgDSCF7514.jpgDSCF7522.jpg
Today after worship we all set out with 3 CUCV's and did some fence removal work. this fence line has been a Pain in the behind for years. With the trailer and the CUCV's we removed a 1/2 mile and it took all day. We did get a little time to play and get stuck. the trailer was the hold back on the dirt pile. After I removed the trailer I launched over the dirt piles. Clevises banging and my Son's video taped it. This M1009 has my rear window protector on the gate. I made it to have the outer brush seal and the inner rubber hide a glass seal. It works well. I want to clean and reorganize the back of my Crown of Thorns M1009. I have had a few calls on it as i have it listed for sale. It is a great ranch/farm vehicle and fun to drive a Rausch Creek.

cucvrus

DSCF7522.jpgDSCF7523.jpgDSCF7524.jpgDSCF7525.jpgDSCF7526.jpgDSCF7527.jpgDSCF7528.jpgDSCF7529.jpgDSCF7530.jpgDSCF7531.jpg
We used the CUCV's to pull fence and fence posts. My Crusty the highly modified hot rodding CUCV caught a case of Mad Cow Disease and returned to wallow in the mud. His days of pounding the pavement were boring and uneventful. But we had a great time. I ran the CUCV's hard like always and nothing broke. Maybe a few people pride. But if you can't run withe the big cows/bulls stay in the barn. Happy Labor day.

cucvrus

DSCF7532.jpgDSCF7533.jpgDSCF7534.jpgDSCF7535.jpgDSCF7536.jpgDSCF7537.jpgDSCF7538.jpgDSCF7539.jpgDSCF7540.jpgDSCF7541.jpg
After the entire afternoon of working on the fence line we all went back to the barn and I changed the oil on the Crown of Thorns M1009. This is the oil and filters I bought for $7. with all my loyalty points. Great deal. I have a question. Does 7754 engine hours make sense if the truck has 125K on it? I think it sounds right. Anyone else have any thoughts? Happy Labor day.

Another Ahab

Yes. The batteries are sending the 24 volts to the starter. The truck has run well until I had it parked for about the last 3 weeks. Now I have been unable to crank it the last 3 days. I have done nothing to it since I parked it 3 weeks ago.
A good strong battery wouldn't drop its charge in just three short weeks would it?

rustystud

View attachment 642170View attachment 642171View attachment 642172View attachment 642173View attachment 642174View attachment 642175View attachment 642176View attachment 642177View attachment 642178View attachment 642179
After the entire afternoon of working on the fence line we all went back to the barn and I changed the oil on the Crown of Thorns M1009. This is the oil and filters I bought for $7. with all my loyalty points. Great deal. I have a question. Does 7754 engine hours make sense if the truck has 125K on it? I think it sounds right. Anyone else have any thoughts? Happy Labor day.

Sounds like your having too much fun on the "Sabbath" ! Just kidding ! My aunt was a "die-hard" Pentecostal and any work or "inappropriate" Fun was not allowed on Sunday ! I always took the Lords command to rest on the Sabbath to mean rest the mind also. So having fun is OK !

m38inmaine

In the process of replacing the front clip of my recently acquired 86 M1009, looks like it may have shot off in the woods and hit a tree. No frame damage, all sheet metal damage.

Attachments

rsh4364

Oil and filter again.I also changed fuel filter. Installed new steering stabilizer. Also new Bosch injectors truck runs better than ever.Courtesy of Fred at badger diesel, Great customer service, he is also going to test the new Delphi injectors I purchased from him 6 months ago that acted up and either refund or replace.Also ordered the ORD sway bar correction /disconnect kit in anticipation of a minor lift in order to run 295 x 75 x16 on the 1009.

Last edited:

joshuak

That's always the first step for sure, joshuak; nice rig.

What's the plan:

- His and Hers, now?!
Thank you for the compliment. The plan is to make it a safe and reliable vehicle and enjoy it. It needs work, but that's why I bought it! [thumbzup]

It ALL belongs to momma, I just get to play with it.

Funny story about that: in case she needed/wanted it, I gave her spare key for the Blazer, turns out, it opens the doors but won't start the ignition, she still thinks it was a set up. :lol:

Another Ahab

It ALL belongs to momma, I just get to play with it.

Funny story about that: in case she needed/wanted it, I gave her spare key for the Blazer, turns out, it opens the doors but won't start the ignition, she still thinks it was a set up.
Yeah, like it wasn't (your secret is safe here). That was slick though, I got to hand it to you! :whistle: :)

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oil and filter again.I also changed fuel filter. Installed new steering stabilizer. Also new Bosch injectors truck runs better than ever.Courtesy of Fred at badger diesel, Great customer service, he is also going to test the new Delphi injectors I purchased from him 6 months ago that acted up and either refund or replace.Also ordered the ORD sway bar correction /disconnect kit in anticipation of a minor lift in order to run 295 x 75 x16 on the 1009.
What about the Delphi injectors?
How were they acting up?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks