• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

cucvrus

DSCF2337.jpgDSCF2338.jpgDSCF2339.jpgDSCF2340.jpgDSCF2342.jpgToday I went out and fired them all up. I had a low front battery on the Crown of Thorns M1009 but the slave cables made everything right. It seems the Grand Children left the PA system on 2 weeks ago when we were hauling firewood. Even Terminus M1009 fired right up. It was 23 degrees. Yesterday it was 12. Wow double the heat. Real heat wave coming thru the area. No magic spray needed yesterday either.

Baer

I am slowly getting my M1008 ready to bug out for Texas. This past week I went to replace the old harmonic balancer along with oil and differential fluids, SURPRISE, I added a radiator to the list. Next I want to add on a civilian ball style tow system under the back bumper. Because of larger tires and a 2 inch lift kit she sets a little taller than stock. Any suggestions on the best tow kit I should be looking for?

cucvrus

Odd Like????CUCV Lock out 004.jpgMean Green The Machine. 001.jpgDude M1028 and CUC/VVM2104DSCF5764 (2).jpgMr Rusty M1028DSCF6227.jpgBig Red M1008001.jpgCrown of Thorns. Formally known as the Punisher. 003.jpgEaster find M1008DSCF5804 (1).jpgJersey Indian. And many more. I have Natural resources. Basic Black. Terminus. The Mule Like mentioned they are mine and I have a name for every vehicle and piece of equipment.

Obijuank5

Ive got El Guapo and Bunny. My trucks seem to have their own identity, which leads to their self given names.

I guess I need to add some pictures lol
This is El Guapo the daily driver 1008
image-20160829_131151_zpsjyoqffa8.jpg
and here is Bunny the trailer queen.
20160813_174744_zpsp4itcc41.jpg

Last edited:

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine is Raven Deuce and my former five ton was the Mighty Moo.....I'll try to post pics, but would be wrong forum as neither is a CUCV. LOL

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ideas for new threads; "What's the name of your Trucks". Or when you reference your trucks are they "Male or Female"? And those that don't have a name as of yet we can start a thread "Name that Truck"

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Coolant was leaking between the timing chain cover and the block. I scored a new cover from kascar. So I pulled spares from the shed and replaced the water pump, PS pump, and both alt's with all new parts while I had it apart. I bought 2 new alt's from rare electrical a couple years back. Turns out they were NOT isolated ground! I had to combine parts from the pass side alt to make it work. A good way to spend the weekend.

rsh4364

I'm really proud of my 86 1009, it has been starting at sub zero Temps in the morning. Without block heater plugged in. And it starts within 3 seconds. I credit the rotella t6 oil, good glowplugs and the solargizer for keeping the batteries healthy.also just put new 33x 12.5x15 tires on. I do manually glow it for 30 seconds.

Last edited:

rjager

Was hauling stuff for the Christmas fair in our village. During the day the transmission stopped shifting to 2nd and later all the lights went out.
Spend a whopping $6 for a 30A fuse and some new rubber lines for the vacuum pump, turned out the lines where still original......

m1028.jpg

cucvrus

I spread 12 tons of salt and non skid with the Toyolet M1008 I weighed it empty it was 7400 lbs with plow and empty spreader. Loaded it was 12,400. It was sitting nice with the new springs the whole way around. I ran the truck 12 hours Sunday and 11 hours yesterday. This morning I started at 0400 and just took a break after spreading and scrapping. We had an ice storm Saturday AM and it never melted and keeps makin more ice everyday because of the thaw and freeze. 55 acres of lot to keep clean and the lot is used to drive bare truck chassis. So if you want to test your skill. Park on solid ice with a truck and no bed just the frame in 2WD and try to move that about a half mile. It is an adventure. I had Big Red M1008 out busting ice and Voodoo M1009 also busting ice. It only went to 38 yesterday and was 12 this AM. I hope no snow or that will just make matters worse. I will get some pictures later today. I have a lot of work to do. Have a great day and stay warm.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks