• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got my Alternator back from the rebuilder.. Holy crap that was fast.... Looks almost like new..

$180 including tax, a little steep, but they do amazing work...

He said it was 'worn out', something about windings and brushes and other stuff I know not of, and the regulator failed. He replaced all internal components, something about all the above and a trio, and some other stuff, new washers/insulators, etc. so It's basically a new alternator in my old case...

Funny, because I ordered an alternator from Amazon, and it took less time to rebuild the existing one, as the other alternator, which I'll use as a spare, isn't supposed to be here until Tuesday...

Another Ahab

Got my Alternator back from the rebuilder.. Holy crap that was fast.... Looks almost like new..

$180 including tax, a little steep, but they do amazing work...

He said it was 'worn out', something about windings and brushes and other stuff I know not of, and the regulator failed. He replaced all internal components, something about all the above and a trio, and some other stuff, new washers/insulators, etc. so It's basically a new alternator in my old case...

Funny, because I ordered an alternator from Amazon, and it took less time to rebuild the existing one, as the other alternator, which I'll use as a spare, isn't supposed to be here until Tuesday...
Was the new one about the same cost as the rebuild?

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
$165 for a supposedly 'new' one on amazon, but AFAIK they stopped making 'new' ones.. so.... also says it's OEM and has a picture of a delco-remy alt.. I have a suspicion it's a chinese clone, but we shall see.... The picture also incorrectly labelled the 'ground isolated' terminal, haha.. I also had a $50 GC to the 'zon so for $115 to my door, we will see... I plan on pulling my other alternator and having that rebuilt as well... I'll put the 'zon alternator on it while it's getting rebuilt then keep it as a spare when I swap the original back in.

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are 6TN Military Battery's, same way we used them in the Military! 24V fairly large battery, there was a MWO where we switched from OEM GM batteries to these, "More Power" as Tim would say. I love them, they do the job if maintained. Interstate sells them and the are not cheap!

Red Dragon

Ah let's see... depends on definition of lately. Last summer replaced radiator also last week replaced glow plugs. Pretty boring I know but soon I will be doing some brake work. So not much really.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks