• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your FMTV or LMTV today

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
this has been heavily discussed.

The fluid works, concencess was it likely wont exit due to CTIS actions.... but real world use showed it does end up dissipating fairly quickly still somehow; till none is left... even with no ctis use.
I suffer from CRS but 30 yr ago they used to make a what i remember like 6inx6in plastic bag with green fluid in it and you threw the whole thing in the tire and further down the road when you broke down the tire there would be all these different sise balls had formed from an inch to 2 in around that were the balancing at any speed does anyone remember there name seems like the bag had yellow writing/ instructions printed on it

Third From Texas

I suffer from CRS but 30 yr ago they used to make a what i remember like 6inx6in plastic bag with green fluid in it and you threw the whole thing in the tire and further down the road when you broke down the tire there would be all these different sise balls had formed from an inch to 2 in around that were the balancing at any speed does anyone remember there name seems like the bag had yellow writing/ instructions printed on it

Just get larger rims and less tire.

Easier to balance...

*I bet the CA owners in here are sporting wood about now

"rad d00d"

Untitled.png

Last edited:

Wingnut13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Added some indoor/outdoor fabric to my doors for a bit of sound attenuation. I used this on my last aircraft build, it’s light, cheap and made local to me. The only downside I see with this fabric is that the fire performance isn’t great. It took about three hours, used 3M Super 77 to adhere it to the doors.
E448E62A-0D44-4835-9D7F-291A549504CD.jpeg3B62794C-5EF3-4496-A8DE-466995391BF0.jpeg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hmmmmm.

That looks like something that you would find in California, but they only put the hoopty wheels on the left side :p.
Naw Tom, sad to say that those wheels aren't exclusive to Cali. The vehicles with them ride like they have four square wheels. Few times that I have been in one - you can even feel a pebble in the road...

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just get larger rims and less tire.

Easier to balance...

*I bet the CA owners in here are sporting wood about now

"rad d00d"

View attachment 852717
Well theres no secret you must have drank breakfast and lunch today !!!! TOOOOO much time on your hands i can think of 5 things you could have did in the back of that truck today ! and I DONT MEAN TO SOMEONE !!! To the truck .

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Added some indoor/outdoor fabric to my doors for a bit of sound attenuation. I used this on my last aircraft build, it’s light, cheap and made local to me. The only downside I see with this fabric is that the fire performance isn’t great. It took about three hours, used 3M Super 77 to adhere it to the doors.
View attachment 852719View attachment 852720
Damn them doors look good !!! And what in the Hell is the white stuff on the fender and ground do you live near an active volcano ? Did you spray foam your yard white ? Oh i get it you live with SANTA CLAUSE !!

Last edited:

Wingnut13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
More of that white stuff showed up last night, not much but probably courtesy of your comment….. I wish Santa lived close by, he would dropped off a rear diff locker by now.😕 Made a bit of progress today, covered the kick panels on driver and passenger side. Not much, but something done.9083A1B6-A828-4BD2-B0A7-7DFEC0466C2F.jpeg0ECA1407-FCF5-4E57-B72C-F0A8A294CC5F.jpeg

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
More of that white stuff showed up last night, not much but probably courtesy of your comment….. I wish Santa lived close by, he would dropped off a rear diff locker by now.😕 Made a bit of progress today, covered the kick panels on driver and passenger side. Not much, but something done.View attachment 852859View attachment 852860
NOPE it will be a while the North Pole D.O.T. has put SANTA CLAUSE TRANSPORTATION out of service they have unsatisfactory equipment violations / hours of service violations/ all the raindeer were overloaded /and no current inspection stickers on any of the fleet / there were no ELOG on board /no data ports/ no recipts or toll tickets to corespond time and place of equipment /no DOT approved sleeper birth for driver / no safety equipment on board flares or tri angles /no snowchains/cables / only one red light found on entire vehicle and it was on the wrong end /no brake/clearance lights /no load securement devices / no tarp over load / no seat belts / operator had no current D.O.T. HEALTH CARD / OPERATORS NECK WAS OVER 19 INCHES must go for sleep apnea testing ! AND JUST THINK WHAT THEY PUT YOUR LOCAL TRUCKING CO. THRU !!!! We are just at the very beginning of freight flow slowing down due to over regulation of the transportation industry

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
NOPE it will be a while the North Pole D.O.T. has put SANTA CLAUSE TRANSPORTATION out of service they have unsatisfactory equipment violations / hours of service violations/ all the raindeer were overloaded /and no current inspection stickers on any of the fleet / there were no ELOG on board /no data ports/ no recipts or toll tickets to corespond time and place of equipment /no DOT approved sleeper birth for driver / no safety equipment on board flares or tri angles /no snowchains/cables / only one red light found on entire vehicle and it was on the wrong end /no brake/clearance lights /no load securement devices / no tarp over load / no seat belts / operator had no current D.O.T. HEALTH CARD / OPERATORS NECK WAS OVER 19 INCHES must go for sleep apnea testing ! AND JUST THINK WHAT THEY PUT YOUR LOCAL TRUCKING CO. THRU !!!! We are just at the very beginning of freight flow slowing down due to over regulation of the transportation industry
Sad but so true...
Everybody in the trucking business has seen more stupidity recently than ever before.
And the collective opinion is that it is only going to get worse.

---

REALLY interesting YouTube video that I saw this morning explained a lot of the WHY about Amazon still receives their chinese goods. Their stuff is being moved on the smaller container ships and are coming to smaller ports that aren't like CommieFornia. These smaller ships don't have to be serviced by deep water ports. The truckers are moving the freight PLUS Amazon has their own tractor fleet to haul container trailers to their warehouses - rather than sitting on the dock.

The presentation also discussed their AMAZON AIR (aka: Prime Air) fleet. This is a NO BS freight hauling machine! Twelve additional 767-300 converted cargo aircraft, increasing their fleet to over 80 aircraft as part of Amazon’s dedicated air cargo network back in June of 2020. They purchased 11 more in a contract released on January 2021. I imagine it hasn't gotten any smaller since then either!

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sad but so true...
Everybody in the trucking business has seen more stupidity recently than ever before.

---

REALLY interesting YouTube video that I saw this morning explained a lot of the WHY about Amazon still receives their chinese goods. Their stuff is being moved on the smaller container ships and are coming to smaller ports that aren't like CommieFornia. These smaller ships don't have to be serviced by deep water ports. The truckers are moving the freight PLUS Amazon has their own tractor fleet to haul container trailers to their warehouses - rather than sitting on the dock.

The presentation also discussed their AMAZON AIR (aka: Prime Air) fleet. This is a NO BS freight hauling machine! Twelve additional 767-300 converted cargo aircraft, increasing their fleet to over 80 aircraft as part of Amazon’s dedicated air cargo network back in June of 2020. They purchased 11 more in a contract released on January 2021. I imagine it hasn't gotten any smaller since then either!
The huge difference is that they have deep pockets and a fleet of baby eating lawyers to pounce on anything that gets in their way ! build a scale house on the tarmac of every airport in America and put some nit wits in it running it and start stoping the planes full of freight and people (well i think im going to have to inspect you for the next hour or 2 oh and your 500 lbs over on those front wheels going to have to send you back to the gate and unload some people after i inspect the whole plane! YOU LET THAT HAPPEN TO THE AIRLINES AND CIVILIANS THEY WOULD HAVE d.o.t. heads on a platter and would sue them off the planet (you put a nitwit in a scale house with nothing to do is to sit around reading and misinterpiting law books and regulations and a ounce of self perceived power over plain ordinary hard working underpaid folks and it goes to their heads and the Airline would never put up with such bullshit or let them cost the airlines huge money and time delays like the little guy has to put up with shit would change . I fully understand stuff needs to be inspected trucks and planes but you see the part thats different is the inspectors come to the airlines and inspects the planes in the hangers not on the side of the road in the middle of load movement to waste the pilot/drivers much valued time thats on a stop watch. Now for both plus alot more oversite on inspectors in a hanger instead of only one interpitation of fines and equipment problems perceived by someone trying to raise funds for his local county/parish/state that in itself is always going to be misused by some creeper cop that couldnt make it in a real law enforcement setting so hes here to steal from the working man !

Last edited:

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sad but so true...

---

And my hats off to all the CDL drivers in cali and every where else for for telling them to kiss your ass were not taking any shots to sit in their own trucks by their self to haul all those containers sitting on them ships ! We will be at home with our trucks till you leave them the hell alone !99 percent of civilians have never really seen how a container dock/port works and the huge percentage of small family owned trucks that move all the containers on all the U.S. seaports ! You better leave them alone if you want them ships unloaded !

Wingnut13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wanted to go on a quick trip before the snow today...... Got the little people all spooled up for a ride in the truck. Went out and started her up, rounded up car seats and loaded everyone up. Just as everybody was buckled in she started running rough. Of course. Unload everyone to the daily driver to make the run and nobody's happy about an 06 TDI Jetta. Got back and figured I needed to drain the fuel/water separator. Easy enough....

I tilt the cab and turn the drain, now I hear sucking. Fuel is NOT draining from the water separator but is returning to the tank. Yes, of course it is. So I disconnected the fuel supply line to the separator and then drained the bowl. I don't know if it helped. I put it back together and it still sounds like garbage. Then the snow started.....

Wingnut13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As a follow up from yesterday’s fail….. added some Diesel 911 and some fuel conditioner. Ran a bit rough for a bit but finally cleared. Must have been a slug of water. With the temps to get to the teens for the next week I didn’t want that sitting in an injector.

Good news is I found that I can drift my truck in the backyard with a few inches of snow! Hahahaha

INFChief

Bought some OHA for the air/hyd unit. Am looking at sway bar bushings. Still need to look and verify which cooling fan blade I have.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks