• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your FMTV or LMTV today

Reworked LMTV

We are headed into some bad weather in parts of the country. If you rescue someone with your MV, no matter how minor, please video and forward to me. I am building a library to support our cause.

Colorado took MV 's off the road..... Plain stupidity.
Short-sighted, small-minded politics, removed vehicles capable of more than just about an other trucks....
Tow trucks and Ambulances can't always get through...
Who will you call ???

Last edited:

Crazyls2

We are headed into some bad weather in parts of the country. If you rescue someone with your MV, no matter how minor, please video and forward to me. I am building a library to support our cause.

Colorado took MV 's off the road..... Plain stupidity.

Short-sighted, small-minded politics, removed vehicles capable of more than just about an other trucks....

Tow trucks and Ambulances can't always get through...

Who will you call ???

We live in South Carolina, floods aren't uncommon and we have occasional extreme weather. I parked my LMTV in my driveway not blocking the sidewalk or being in the way and I ended up on the home owners Facebook page because it was upsetting to some neighbors. I made a list of people that better not need help after the next flood or hurricane.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
We live in South Carolina, floods aren't uncommon and we have occasional extreme weather. I parked my LMTV in my driveway not blocking the sidewalk or being in the way and I ended up on the home owners Facebook page because it was upsetting to some neighbors. I made a list of people that better not need help after the next flood or hurricane.
Be sure to wave at them as you roll by - sloshing water in their general direction. :cool:

I never really have understood why people think they need to stick their nose in other people's business. The Neighborhood Association or HOA is one of those things that the owner of the dirt signed up for - so less bothered with that. But plain old NOSEY neighbors can be told off pretty quickly. At least at my place...

Reworked LMTV

No HOA here in TN. HOA have become way too powerful, in my opinion.

Lived in 2 areas of SC. HHI was one of them. Never again. Not my kind of people.....

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Let's see, i just received mine from the shipper last night!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Nice Truck!

Even nicer garage!!

I hope that is your workspace for maintaining your new toy :) Didn't see any post(s) about you being the new guy on the block with a new-to-you MV, but just in case --- Here is a Welcome to The Outfit to go along with the truck!

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes thanks! I've been cruising posts for a while, but finally posted part now that i finally received my truck. Purchased from D&B Equipment in Lena Wi. I wish it was my garage! My friend has an equestrian ranch a few miles from me. And this large steel garage he is letting me use from time to time!...
Not for the real fun!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Yes thanks! I've been cruising posts for a while, but finally posted part now that i finally received my truck. Purchased from D&B Equipment in Lena Wi. I wish it was my garage! My friend has an equestrian ranch a few miles from me. And this large steel garage he is letting me use from time to time!...
Not for the real fun!

Guessing the expansable (expandable?) body is going onto your new truck?

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After using the truck a few times in the dark recently, I decided the headlights needed to go and 95% of the marker lights were burned out. So I bought new headlights and swapped the bulbs in the marker lights over to led. The first picture was the new headlight on the left with the original on the right. The second shows the difference in the incandescent build next to the led and the third is over all the finished front. Ignore the top middle marker, it shows how drastic the difference is, but the housing was rusted so bad the bulb had become part of the housing lol. I’ll have to order a new marker light assy and replace it. Also 75% of the marker lenses need new lenses so that’ll be on order as well

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks