• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your FMTV or LMTV today

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter

dxhend2

Changing out the batteries (it's been a few years...), discovered that the positive battery terminal on #3 had cracked through. Not good, don't need that kind of loose connection bouncing around. Lucky it was at the end of one of the cables with enough slack to cut it out and replace it. Found a replacement 2/0 terminal on Amazon, luckily had a hydraulic crimper to make the connection. And...remembered to slip the heat shrink tubing on before crimping.
s20230128_151237.jpgs20230128_151237.jpgs20230128_161049.jpgs20230128_161049.jpg

Another Ahab

Found a replacement 2/0 terminal on Amazon, luckily had a hydraulic crimper to make the connection. And...remembered to slip the heat shrink tubing on before crimping.
So funny, dxhend2, because you know how it USUALLY works out:

- You work good hard and steady, then you step back to admire all the handiwork ; all the effort...

- And mutter "S - - - !!" cause you forgot the shrink tubing (or something else).

:naner::beer::naner:

dxhend2

So funny, dxhend2, because you know how it USUALLY works out:

- You work good hard and steady, then you step back to admire all the handiwork ; all the effort...

- And mutter "S - - - !!" cause you forgot the shrink tubing (or something else).

:naner::beer::naner:
Oh, exactly, Ahab - I've had my share of those moments.
I just try not to repeat the same ones. :)

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just want to throw this out there for the folks that didnt know the positve and neg battery terminal ends are 2 different sises so if youve been breaking the lug ends off at the bolt it might be the wrong sise for that post !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice.
Dave Anderson previews my new puck lock holders. The link for them is in the video. They're made out of carbon fiber-filled polycarbonate. I also have carbon fiber-filled PETG.
View attachment 885976View attachment 885977View attachment 885978View attachment 885979
I really liked the puck lock holder looks great ! I have to ask are these thing made to hold onto these heavy pucks when the cab jacks up and crowns over will it shake it loose to fall thru the windshield so maybe a piece of velcro over it as a back up safety

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really liked the puck lock holder looks great ! I have to ask are these thing made to hold onto these heavy pucks when the cab jacks up and crowns over will it shake it loose to fall thru the windshield so maybe a piece of velcro over it as a back up safety
Problem is, most puck locks can be unlocked with a raking tool as quick if not quicker than using a key.

It's a pretty good visual deterrent though.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Problem is, most puck locks can be unlocked with a raking tool as quick if not quicker than using a key.

It's a pretty good visual deterrent though.
Ive sat at my bench for hrs with pics / tentioners /rakes watching the LOCK PICKING LAWYER on youtube and i havent gotten one open yet ! If you put an ABLOY puck on those doors they will still be on the doors when you come back !

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ive sat at my bench for hrs with pics / tentioners /rakes watching the LOCK PICKING LAWYER on youtube and i havent gotten one open yet ! If you put an ABLOY puck on those doors they will still be on the doors when you come back !
Yes, but how many people dish out the duckets for a quality lock, and instead, go to Home Depot or similar and buy the first Masterlock they see?

I was able to rake open one of their disc locks in like 3 seconds... and this was one of their 'top security' $30 locks... Looks beefy, but can be opened in 2 seconds by anyone who cares.

It'll definitely keep out your average tweaker though, and TBH, I did a similar thing on my 5 ton almost a decade ago.. (gate hasp with covered lock area + MasterLock)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks