• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your FMTV or LMTV today

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I rebuilt the cab suspension yoke in an LMTV. Both bags are replaced and shocks and bushings checked. Did the cab latch seals too. You can work on each side individually in place, or try taking out the whole yoke instead of negotiating those hard-to-get-to bolts on the tops of the canisters. Lifted the whole thing out with the hoist as shown. The four bottom bolts on each side are easy to get. Unscrew the hydraulic hose on the cab latch. The air tubes have to be taken loose either way you remove a canister. There are 3 small screws with hose clamps that need to come off the yoke too..

Attachments

Third From Texas

I rebuilt the cab suspension yoke in an LMTV. Both bags are replaced and shocks and bushings checked. Did the cab latch seals too. You can work on each side individually in place, or try taking out the whole yoke instead of negotiating those hard-to-get-to bolts on the tops of the canisters. Lifted the whole thing out with the hoist as shown. The four bottom bolts on each side are easy to get. Unscrew the hydraulic hose on the cab latch. The air tubes have to be taken loose either way you remove a canister. There are 3 small screws with hose clamps that need to come off the yoke too..
I need to start gathering a parts list to do that (sorta).

At some point I would like to make my rigid mounted cab on the A1R into an air ride.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
While climbing around on my engine I found an easier way: Borrowed the camper ladder!
Where do you find that folding staircase at? Ive seen em just never knew where to get one or how much they cost? Any ideas?

jkcondrey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally replace the passenger side front windshield in my airdrop. Had it for a year almost. Was pretty easy to put in. Can't believe I waited that long for it to only take 10 minutes.

Berend

Steel Soldiers Supporter
what was the clue that prompted you to remove the hub for a "check see" which lead you to discover that Hub Job.
I was checking everything before my first test drive with the truck. Drained the oil and saw that the oil was completely metallic.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks