• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HEMTT/PLS/MK48 this week

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a long time to have your money tied up.
I really don't know how I got lucky.
I feel your pain.

dk8019

Put her to hard work early in the week, hauling scrap from the farm, and moving more logs from the old buildings into the big barns for storage.

For independence day we ran ours in a big parade down at our farm near Lebanon, VA. To prep for it, I took the pressure washer to her, and scrubbed her down, and applied a new coat of 686. Turned out fairly well I think. Put her in the car show, and she won the best military truck (she was the only one :-?)

2016-06-28 10.34.28.jpg2016-06-30 14.51.42.jpg2016-07-03 16.07.47.jpg2016-07-04 09.36.18.jpg2016-07-04 10.15.15.jpg2016-07-04 14.22.35.jpg2016-07-04 16.40.16.jpg

Last edited:

HASSON1911

Well its been a while since ive used mine being in school and all, but I have made some good process on the homemade CPK front grill I need to weld in all the mounts as they are only tacked in and I need to finish making the fourht and very bottom plate.

Also I helped m brother out on his project of converting a school bus into an RV/sled hauler for the mountain trips.

Attachments

dk8019

Very nice, still earning her keep. How much paint did you end up using? I'm debating between woodland or keeping mine tan
I think I used a bit over a gallon or so, probably something like 1 gallon of paint and 16 oz of flotrol.

Tornadogt

I posted this in another thread referring to our HEMTTs but will copy it here....

If you do receive a notification from Govplanet remember the important word of "request". From my current understanding is there is no requirement to return any such trucks (HEMTT's). No more will be let out with the current Demil code, but if you have them in your possession and all your paperwork (SF97) it takes a lot more than a "request from Govplanet" for them to recover the trucks from you. And from my understanding there nothing more than a " return request from Govplanet" is being planed for these items. This is going to be a big mess for Govplanet with the truck that are in limbo (Sold but still not picked up) and not all the paperwork finalized including (EUC/SF97/Item Release), I am sure it will be a case by case basis. I would recommend (internet expert here) if that does apply to anyone here that they get on the phone with Govplanet and plead there specific case.

I believe this poor guy has this matter dropped on his desk:
Dakota McFarlin (dmcfarlin@IronPlanet.com)
Trade Security Controls Liaison
Government Services, IronPlanet
925-225-8624

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks