• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your JEEP today

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, done, it's in the Jeep now! On to the next step! Had issues with the tire tubes, 4 new tubes split! Guess they don't make them like they used to!!

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shake Down Road trip today! Lost the fuel line so towed the jeep a bit to where we could fix it! All's well again!
20160515_083819 BK.jpg

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Flushed the engine block from the head gasket replacement.

Attempted to start it. Nothing, the starter didn't turn at all. Smelled ozone. Disconnected battery. .When I turn on the switch, I see power to the fuel and altimeter drops that little dip to the negative. So I thin the switch is ok but I think the push to start button is dead. I'm chasing demons on this jeep like it was a CUCV. Ordering anew switch and hoping it wasn't the starter. I would drift start it but the fuel lines are disconnected because the old and new replacement fuel pumps aren't working.

Another Ahab

Flushed the engine block from the head gasket replacement.

Attempted to start it. Nothing, the starter didn't turn at all. Smelled ozone. Disconnected battery. .When I turn on the switch, I see power to the fuel and altimeter drops that little dip to the negative. So I thin the switch is ok but I think the push to start button is dead. I'm chasing demons on this jeep like it was a CUCV. Ordering anew switch and hoping it wasn't the starter. I would drift start it but the fuel lines are disconnected because the old and new replacement fuel pumps aren't working.
I'm just adding up the individual pieces here, but on the surface of it:

- It sounds like you're having a bad day.

DeetFreek

Well, I haven't been on in ages, and I didn't do this today (it was a few weeks ago). But I finally got the engine off the floor of my garage and transferred to the shop for tear down. Only took 18 months...baby steps.

Bravo2Uniform

Let's all chip in and buy MDJUAN a tape measure!

Been fitting up the body on my M38A1 (1953). Started with cowl, side rails, and wheel wells and am replacing tail panel, bed, and floorboard. Lots of heatin' and beatin' to get the replacement sheet metal to fit. 1Body Work Timeline.jpg2Body Work Timeline.jpg3Body Work Timeline.jpg4Body Work Timeline.jpg5Body Work Timeline.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks