• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your MKT this week???

therooster2001

Geez Dave, what as score. I didn't know they had those two part stands. I did see that a unit made a "spartan kitchen" that fabricated a stand out of aluminum angle and square tubing. Those ovens look pretty cool. I like the actually having oven racks and multiple shelves. JEALOUS! Do they have the same M59 footprint? Give us a demo vid or post up what you make in there. And that steam table, I love it.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
It all came NOS in 4 huge wooded crates that when we picked the up were under cover in OKC, It wasn't till we got home we realized 2 had been outside for a while. Rain had got in and pooled in the T-meal heater with shut drain valve and the box with one of the prep tables had a swamp building on it, but since most was SS only the pastry scraper got rusted! SCSG-G4 I got 2 KLIFF's several years ago, that's were I got the T-meal heaters, but they came with M59 ranges and MBU's. The prep tables and canop's were missing also. I always wondered if the were issued like that or if the DRMO mixed it all up.
DSCN4292.jpg DSCN4293.jpg
therooster2001 they are larger and heavier than a M59, as soon as I have a helper I'll get a picture of it on the stands. The vents and the top come off and even with the SS shelves out, it is still too heavy/bulky to lift up onto the stands by yourself. It is 1 inch under 5' tall on the stands and is a bugger to get it on them. I think I will just use the one rack with the burner.
DSCN4316.jpgthe burner gives you an idea how much bigger these are than the M59 DSCN4320.jpg had to pull a shelf to use square head, btw came w/5

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dave, As you said, they are larger than an M-59. And they have a special piece of shielding on the bottom to get the heat spread out that is NOT cheap! Be very careful when lifting it onto the cradle so you don't mess that piece up. Two replacement pieces cost me $125 plus shipping. The square head pans retail for $209 at the US Foodservice Chefstore and the lid is another $159. $368 x 5 = $1840. Steam table and ration heater are very nice. Did it come with all three sinks for the sanitary center side? The TM is > TM-10-7360-208-13-P (found on Liberated Manuals) in case the one packed with it got wet.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
No sanitary sinks but did have the 3 drying cages. The steam table pan also has the same drain fitting as the sanitary sinks. I did a complete inventory yesterday and the only things missing were the 3 fire extinguishers, Ziggy's had his pulled also. Manuals were all sealed in plastic so are in mint shape.You are right on the oven heat shield stuff must be the 21 century version of asbestos! The manual stated the oven is a 9 man lift, two can do it and 4 would be nice. Next day that I have time going to fire one up per the manual to burn off and oil or crude from
the factory.
DSCN4318.jpg

them.jpgJust ordered 2 of these on line $8ea and comes with a boss to make a nice installation.

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are right on the oven heat shield stuff must be the 21 century version of asbestos! The manual stated the oven is a 9 man lift, two can do it and 4 would be nice.
And I moved mine onto the truck at OKC and then off once I got home by myself! But I did empty it out first, and it did not have the smokestacks.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Yep, emptied mine then used an incline plane to get it up on a cart I made out of a plastic pallet and furniture dolly, now I can move them both around in the shop w/o busting a gut!
DSCN4314.jpg
It's had to see in the picture but the pallet is about 6" off the floor

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Wow that didn't take long, ordered the thermometers on Thursday from Amazon with regular shipping and they came in Sat's AM mail. Took longer to find my index than it did to to the drilling.

DSCN4322.jpg DSCN4323.jpg

jasonjc

I don't think its a "9 MAN LIFT" maybe a "9 person lift".;)
The MBU say 2 person lift , I thought it meant 2 per person seems easier to carry one in each hand to me.
So, you bring that set up to KAMO this year? Or do I need to get my butt in gear and get my MKT fixed up?

therooster2001

Seriously. No one has done anything since March? I am planning a fall deployment of mine to do a day of cooking.

GIANT blueberry pancakes for breakfast. I use a pizza peel (seriously look it up) to flip mine. The wife LOVES them, or banana pancakes.
I REALLY want to do Benihana or cheesesteaks for lunch, but I am such a chicken to scratch up the aluminum cast.
onions, peppers and sausage sandwiches for dinner? I am an east coast fair sucker for those.. YUM.
Crepes for dessert, or cookies in the oven. Probably cookies. They rocked last time. (remember, we own a bakery)

I did bread sticks before in the oven, it worked.

I am between jobs and want an excuse to fire the MKT up. Anyone have anything good up their sleeve or request for food cooked on the MKT? I am totally in for filming (seriously, did I say film?), and posting vids..

aziator

My kids mountain bike season starts in a couple weeks. MKT is having electric over hydraulic brake actuator added so my wife can tow with her truck when i'm towing the 5ht wheel. We use it to cook for the whole team and families, about 125-150 people total, every other weekend for 10 weeks. Should be a good time.

therooster2001

Well, we did labor day MKT festivities. Had some snags (not with MKT though). We were not going to let life ruin the cooking!

Our bakery got broken into, by a masked hoodie, bandana wearing, maggot, that threw a rock through the door. Glass everywhere, and we had to board it back up. delay of MKT for 2 hours.
Get it all set up, and go to make pancakes, and had forgotten butter and maple syrup!

Ended up doing bacon and giant pancakes, then for lunch burgers and bacon. We also did cinnamon rolls in the oven. came out awesome.

Zero pictures or video.

Ran one burner out of fuel right as the pancakes finished (phew), and at 3 o'clock position on MBU they were too cold, turned then to 12, and then they got too hot. They are finicky when on warm up, but all in all a good day. Setting up and tearing down the same day is a little much, but fun was had by all.

Took the 5 ton down to store at house and freak out the neighbors before we are in a parade hauling vets in the back.

aziator

I have been out of the country for 2 months for work but my MKT is currently having an electric over hydraulic brake actuator installed along with LED tail lights and some air shut off valves. Will now have the capability to tow with either my 5 ton or my truck and still have brakes. Unfortunately it won't be done for this weekend, was planning on taking it out for the opening mountain bike race for my sons' team.

morewood

Looking to start using the ovens for baking, is there a specific rack and size baking sheets to be looking for. Biscuits are being asked for.

Shea

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks