• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your MTVR today?

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Quick mockup; still have to box the frame mounts, prep and paint, then mount the winch inside the bumper-run power leads to a couple brand new batteries. IMG_4683.jpg
IMG_4684.jpg
IMG_4685.jpg
IMG_4686.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
The wrecker will still be there for ya. Lol
Believe me, I’ll certainly need it! I’ll just be happy to push down trees bigger than my thumb again without bending my bumper. Whatever engineer thought an aluminum bumper on a truck is acceptable should be fired

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
MAdams,

Nice video and a great idea on how to attach a trailer receiver to the truck. I like that no mods were done to the truck! Are you going to be selling these trailer hitches?

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Can’t seem to catch a break lately with rain, but spent 4 hours today doing a final test fit and tacking up the home made beveled C channel, followed by a single root pass and 2 caps to cover. Man a 30% duty cycle sucks at times; luckily the MEP802A powering my welder never complains and runs efficiently.

Going to break the tack on the top piece, do a little grinding and move it higher until flush w/bottom of side plate [ channel. Prime it, and throw a fresh coat of BEHR exterior house paint on itIMG_4872.jpg
IMG_4871.jpg
IMG_4870.jpg

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Another video live, be sure to Like the video and Subscribe to my channel for more updates!

MTVR

The OP (Elijah95) asked me to join this thread, so I'm here.

I'll be detailing the progress of my MTVR purchase in my introductory thread:

Mine is a 2007, indicating 3443 miles and 216 hours.

Our new home.jpgOur new home 2.jpg

I just submitted my EUC this morning.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
The OP (Elijah95) asked me to join this thread, so I'm here.

I'll be detailing the progress of my MTVR purchase in my introductory thread:

Mine is a 2007, indicating 3443 miles and 216 hours.

View attachment 793062View attachment 793063

I just submitted my EUC this morning.
Fine looking truck!

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good looking truck. 2007 - so you will have A/C built in. I see the rear ladder is missing. Maybe it is in the bed or the "trunk".

MTVR

Good looking truck. 2007 - so you will have A/C built in. I see the rear ladder is missing. Maybe it is in the bed or the "trunk".
The ladder appears to be missing. The wheel chocks are still inside the right-side steps, so I may find some fun stuff left behind under the passenger seats and/or in the troop seat stowage compartment.

We're not going to be using the tailgate or ladder, and we may not even be using the bed sides- mostly we just need the flatbed, (and quite possibly the ISO locks) to mount our overland expedition box.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Winch video part 2 is live, y’all check it out. Someone buy my winch, oh and like/subscribe to my channel!

MTVR

Elijah, I may be interested in that winch, but it's probably not gonna be until after I have been able to take delivery of my truck...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks