• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done WITH your wrecker this week?

wcuhillbilly

Made my old lawn mower fly.

Also loaded/hauled 35 concrete foundation pillers, using for porch foundation and set up pillars for my old Frick Sawmill

IMG_20160925_183550005_HDR[1].jpg
IMG_20160928_142432957[1].jpg

Hah, 3 days later, the pics finally uploaded......

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Made my old lawn mower fly.

----trying to upload pic, but it stalls out while uploading and cycles for over 20min------

Also loaded/hauled 35 concrete foundation pillers, using for porch foundation and set up pillars for my old Frick Sawmill
Oops posted same msg twice -----
deleted
Maybe you forgot to talk nice to your Sweetie. Karma came back and nipped you for it.

As difficult as it might feel, tell her something sweet. The Gods will reward it.

satan.jpg

wcuhillbilly

Moved taillights up to bed height.
tmp_18626-IMG_20161019_1814464841015588626.jpg previous owner backed into something and bent the steps and crushed the right lite. Ordered a couple Frome Dueceman and now we are back up and running. Pulled the wiring up off the frame rail through drag winch hole and tucked it through a pipe welded to the bed on the left and still need to secure it on the right

tmp_18626-IMG_20161019_181819543173439453.jpg

tmp_18626-IMG_20161019_1819080041707524342.jpg

Last edited:

wcuhillbilly

Out with the old

IMG_20161020_115944340.jpg
Got a little help from Soldier B,,, she's getting better with the crane controls... admit a little spooky at first

IMG_20161020_132831962.jpg

Mock up of the new,,,, eeerrr well new to me,
Making a dump bed out of a shortened M105 for my 1 ton dually. Original bed would flap it's wings going down the road

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

Safety Warning BE AWARE

Well today I repaired the outrigger leg that 'flew off' when the lad pulled it out and very nearly squished himself! So I'm thinking that is not a very strong (nay sturdy up to military spec) component. So now I am very stringent as to how the crew prepare the legs for supporting lifting operations.
Safety concern for wrecker owners to be aware of.
Potential failure, (of) The ROLL PINS that retain the upper hinges on the support legs.
'Mickey mouse 'attaching' that could allow the leg to come off as it is pulled out (usually quite vigorously) and the operator falls backwards with this 'dangerous lump of kit' on his..(######) LAP!.

Last edited:

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the process of replacing the return fuel return line on the rear most injector of the M543A2. The local air museum would like to have the wrecker on display for a few months so I cranked her up and what happens, line failure, diesel running down the side of the motor! The return fuel line looks like clear air line?

Another Ahab

Well today I repaired the outrigger leg that 'flew off' when the lad pulled it out and very nearly squished himself! So I'm thinking that is not a very strong (nay sturdy up to military spec) component. So now I am very stringent as to how the crew prepare the legs for supporting lifting operations.
Safety concern for wrecker owners to be aware of.
Potential failure, (of) The ROLL PINS that retain the upper hinges on the support legs.
'Mickey mouse 'attaching' that could allow the leg to come off as it is pulled out (usually quite vigorously) and the operator falls backwards with this 'dangerous lump of kit' on his..(######) LAP!.
It'll drive you bananas the stupid darn assemblies that equipment engineers allow past their "drawing boards".

If only the idiots had to actually use the equipment themselves for a full five-day week before letting it go to production. That might produce better design.

Too bad the insurance companies don't have a say in what goes to manufacturing.

We don't have a better world, but in a better world it might be that way....

Last edited:
Yep - 44" diameter Doug Fir - that was a solid pick and carry on the rubber - didn't want to skid them out so I drove all the logs out about 200 yards cross country

They became beams for the property owners daughter after I trailered them to a local micro mill

Another Ahab

Yep - 44" diameter Doug Fir - that was a solid pick and carry on the rubber - didn't want to skid them out so I drove all the logs out about 200 yards cross country

They became beams for the property owners daughter after I trailered them to a local micro mill
That lumber is some kind of sweet; straight, strong, and clean like that

I hate to see a good tree go down. But if it goes down, at least put it to some real work (and I don't mean pulp paper). [thumbzup]:beer:

Bigdawgk9

My wife yells at me all the time that my trucks are yard art, yet I use them as often as I can. I especially like towing my skid steer when it breaks down, lifting .8 cu yd bags of gravel up and out of the pickup truck bed and swinging to where we want to dump it. The list is endless, just wish I had a full BII with all the hardware this beast had at turn in.

red

Had to pull the drums off the old m51 front axle and really didn't feel like doing any heavy lifting today, plus loaded some more scrap metal into the dump bed

IMG_20161104_121737978.jpg IMG_20161104_122439565.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks