• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What I found out about seals.

maxtor

A while back, we purchased a 2011 M1101 trailer. I took off the wheel and brake drum and checked the bearings for grease. Before I did this, I checked and found out that the M1101 wheel seal was CR22532 which is the same as a Auto Xtra
412920. Napa had the CR for a little over $22 each. Summit Racing has the Auto Xtra for $4.97 each.
So I purchase two of the Auto Xtra. After checking on the bearings on our M1101 I found that they were more than adequately greased.

Then we purchased three M116a3 trailers and I found out that they also took the same bearings and seals as the M1101 trailer.

After checking the bearings on one of the M116a3 trailers, it needed grease.
I could not save the old seal, so in went two new seals and I cleaned and greased the bearings of the M116a3.

I am going to modify one, to pull behind our Jeep.

Deano

Quick question. Is it possible to save the current seals? I just picked up my M1101 and the drivers side gets hot so I was going to inspect and repack the bearings. If the seals look ok can I keep them or is it manditory that they be changed for new every time?
Thanks

maxtor

I found that the seals will be damaged when you remove them. As cpf240 said, just replace them. At $4.97 per seal, it is cheap. Any order over $99 at Summit, gets free shipping.