• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What I found out about seals.

maxtor

A while back, we purchased a 2011 M1101 trailer. I took off the wheel and brake drum and checked the bearings for grease. Before I did this, I checked and found out that the M1101 wheel seal was CR22532 which is the same as a Auto Xtra
412920. Napa had the CR for a little over $22 each. Summit Racing has the Auto Xtra for $4.97 each.
So I purchase two of the Auto Xtra. After checking on the bearings on our M1101 I found that they were more than adequately greased.

Then we purchased three M116a3 trailers and I found out that they also took the same bearings and seals as the M1101 trailer.

After checking the bearings on one of the M116a3 trailers, it needed grease.
I could not save the old seal, so in went two new seals and I cleaned and greased the bearings of the M116a3.

I am going to modify one, to pull behind our Jeep.

Deano

Quick question. Is it possible to save the current seals? I just picked up my M1101 and the drivers side gets hot so I was going to inspect and repack the bearings. If the seals look ok can I keep them or is it manditory that they be changed for new every time?
Thanks

maxtor

I found that the seals will be damaged when you remove them. As cpf240 said, just replace them. At $4.97 per seal, it is cheap. Any order over $99 at Summit, gets free shipping.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks