• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What insureance do you have on your m1008 0r m1009?

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use State Farm also. M1009 insured as K5 and M1028A1 insured as a K30. No issues what so ever.

ABN173

USAA, Unlike some others here I has some difficulty at first with the VIN. I had to talk the rep through a online image search for a M1008 CUCV, once she saw it she was like oh it's a pick-up truck no problem.

-Dale

mtjbrown

It looks like a lot of you only have liability. Do they cover for full coverage or not with military vehicles? ?

I only have liability because I only paid 2200$ for the truck. I felt like the insurance co. would lowball me on the settlement if it was stolen or totalled.

ChevyFan1207

I work for an insurance company (They are the one that's on your side) so yeah, my crap better be covered! :-D

I didn't really answer this. I carry Liability and uninsured motorist. I also carry Comprehensive. In Tennessee Comp covers glass breakage, vandalism, fire, theft, and hitting an animal. Plus when you file a Comp claim, it doesn't count against you (at least in TN).

Last edited:

SGT. Durga

I live in FORT WAYNE , IN. , I have permanent general they just asked for pictures of all four sides.:-D I have a M1009 no problems converted to 12v. for addition of acc. of course.

sawgunner1

State Farm Liability

My 1985 M1009 was insured with nothing but the title. I did drive it to the office, however.

State Farm:

liability 100,000/300,000
Prop Damage 100,000
Med Pmnt 1,000
Uninsured Motorist 100,000/300,000 each person/accident

I pay $113.59 each six months

Last edited:

4bogginchevys

I have full coverage from USAA on both my M1009 and duece.
Did they personally look at them.....how did they set a value for them for replacement? I am under the impression that book value for a 1009 would be about $1000(extremely low), even though we know thier worth more! I have heard older vehicles need to be appraised, was yours?:-D btw, same ?'s for the duece.

a68cudas

I have State Farm on all of mine. Some are on my personal policy. Some are commercial since I use them for my business. I have had some issues with State Farm getting the VIN right. The military vin has a different letter since it is military and was not in the state farm system. They initially substituted 2 different letters and the insurance card came back as an S10 Blazer when it should have been a K-5 Blazer (M1009) . I call them on it and they said it could be added to the system. Took some time, but It is all good now. Hopefully in the future the VINs will go right in.

what letter was it the J in vin? what did they substitute it with?

a68cudas

Thanks for all the help guys i called state farm and told them i had a 1986 full size blazer i needed insured and they asked cpl questions like mileage and vin info. when i gave the girl my vin she had probs running it. when she ran it it kept coming back as 1 ton trucks and i told her it was because of j code in vin and that it was a 1 ton blazer. they asked me to stop in with blazer and another girl came out checked mileage and wrote down vin and said i should be good to go as they just did there own inspection on it. I think they initially freaked when i said a military vehicle thinking of a big deuce or armored vehicle so i should be ok. Thanks