• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is it?

Third From Texas

Well thats a new one on me . Ive never herd of a automatic with a park are you sure you dont have a shoe draging kind of holding your truck still?
It's not so much a "park" as a roll lock. A failsafe when stopped at an angle (to prevent hopping out of the cab w/o brakes and rolling over yourself I suspect).

It's a thing, not just stuck shoes.

:)

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's not so much a "park" as a roll lock. A failsafe when stopped at an angle (to prevent hopping out of the cab w/o brakes and rolling over yourself I suspect).

I beleave ya ive just never run across it before and i ran automatic allison and zedef transmissions for 35 yrs all the way up to 2018 models and never even read of it and it sounds like a safety component so i would think it would be on commercial buses ! is your truck an A-1 ?

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After I let my M1088 sit for about a week after raining - the truck didn't have the power to break the shoes away from the drum.
Solving that problem required a BFH (Big Freakin Hammer).

If you drove the truck into a creek, then drove it out of the creek and down the road
a few miles the shoes and drum should have dried the water.
[/QUO You would think so!

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Hey next time your in your truck tell me how tall of a vehicle could you put under the bows and soft top on your truck?

Third From Texas

Hey next time your in your truck tell me how tall of a vehicle could you put under the bows and soft top on your truck?
Stock is about 68" to the base of the center bar.
The cover sets down about 6" from there.

I raise mine a couple inches via collar to space it up a bit, so mine have a few extra inches.

20190406_124448.jpg

I think 3" is the max that I would go using a collar. You could go further by making extended feet but you have to allow for some cover overlap else everything gets all floppy with the cover. But honestly, if you needed more elevation there are ways to achieve it.

Last edited:

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I raise mine a couple inches via collar to space it up a bit, so mine have a few extra inches. I think 3" is the max that I would go using a collar. You could go further by making extended feet but you have to allow for some cover overlap else everything gets all floppy with the cover. But honestly, if you needed more elevation there are ways to achieve it.

I raise mine a couple inches via collar to space it up a bit, so mine have a few extra inches. I think 3" is the max that I would go using a collar. You could go further by making extended feet but you have to allow for some cover overlap else everything gets all floppy with the cover. But honestly, if you needed more elevation there are ways to achieve it.

So i could drive a 68 inch tall jeep/whatever inside to the bulkhead ! maybe a 71 ok that gives me a base to start with if i can find a tarp/top for a decent price ive got to figure out what a factory 1082 top would look like with a dovetail ramp sticking out the back?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
So i could drive a 68 inch tall jeep/whatever inside to the bulkhead ! maybe a 71 ok that gives me a base to start with if i can find a tarp/top for a decent price ive got to figure out what a factory 1082 top would look like with a dovetail ramp sticking out the back?
Not sure about the height, but the dovetail shouldn't be a problem behind the tarp. Most jeeps aren't taller than people - unless they have big tires - so you could be "home free" so to speak.

I can't find the picture to save my life, but the most useful thing I have seen recently on a M871 with a drop and a set of dovetail ramps attached to the back of it. The long version of that trailer (A2) is only 32 feet long. Enough room to put two jeeps (or M37's) on the back of it with room to spare! I need to find that picture again. AND overall length for the DOT man won't be a problem either!

Third From Texas

68" is the center point. So roughly a inch less outboard.

I forget how long the 5-ton bed is, but you'd add like 4' of cover. You would have to customize the frame mounting points (or get busy with the scissors and sewing machine). It could work, though.

Third From Texas

It looks like you could hook battery cables to it to power (a 15000 dollar cooler) or anything else needing 12/24 volts?
Yep. My space heater has internal power. The battery recharges itself thermodynamically.

This is in case you want to charge the battery manually. Plug it in and clamp your cables to the shiny bits.

I chcu7kled because this it the most high-tech heater I have ever seen. With a very low tech accessory.

LOL

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure about the height, but the dovetail shouldn't be a problem behind the tarp. Most jeeps aren't taller than people - unless they have big tires - so you could be "home free" so to speak.

I can't find the picture to save my life, but the most useful thing I have seen recently on a M871 with a drop and a set of dovetail ramps attached to the back of it. The long version of that trailer (A2) is only 32 feet long. Enough room to put two jeeps (or M37's) on the back of it with room to spare! I need to find that picture again. AND overall length for the DOT man won't be a problem either!
lol i just want to pull a 82 or 95 if i could find one ! If i get a 1095 i can take some fat girls camping !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep. My space heater has internal power. The battery recharges itself thermodynamically.

This is in case you want to charge the battery manually. Plug it in and clamp your cables to the shiny bits.

I chcu7kled because this it the most high-tech heater I have ever seen. With a very low tech accessory.

LOL
Hell of a good guess wasnt it!

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
68" is the center point. So roughly a inch less outboard.

I forget how long the 5-ton bed is, but you'd add like 4' of cover. You would have to customize the frame mounting points (or get busy with the scissors and sewing machine). It could work, though.
The 1082 is like a 1078 bed /1095 like a 1083 bed 14 ft something and i havnt botherd to measure my 1082 floor im sure its long enough for a cj 5 or m38

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter

LOL
Why do you need a heater in corpus?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks