• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what is the correct M1008 "U" joint size?

allrevup

I need to confirm parts so I can order, pick up upon my return and finish some R. & R. to my drive line.
After doing some research here and else were...I am confused

is the front drive shaft "U" joint to the D60 pinion just a 1310 ?
is the rear drive shaft to the M1008- GM14 bolts, a 1410 or a 1350 ?
are "U" bolts better then properly size "U" joint straps or NOT ?

This time, I will probably replace one or another with stock size Duralast, non greasable Spicer "life savers" or Tom Woods "Gold Seal" (they have a incredible joint failure and shaft damage warranty, but will take a few days to get here)

Also For future reference, what upgrade would you suggest Will keeping the "U" joints as the cheap & accessible drive line fuse and using what I already have.

I had already upgraded my Dana 60 axle shafts to Spicer 35 splines stubs, Richmond "No-Slip", non-greasable 5-806 "U" joints and Warn premium hub lock out. More then PLENTY for this power plant !

Last edited:

allrevup

I hope the axle (truck) continues to serve me well.

I am lifting the front end to better accommodate the 37" HMMWV tires, just an additional 1/2"-3/4" will keeping caster & pinion angle at check, with 5 1/4" long rear HD front spring shackles and bolts, and notice advance wear on my original shaft "U" joint, "what ever size it is" ( I am all confused since the red truck has all 1350 joints and I had thought that M1008 had 1350 front and 1410 rear) also my drag link joints need replacing (the rubber boots failed), This I had replace at the time of the D60 built a couple of years back, with GM HD drag link rod ends, as recommended by the ORD guys.

I did not do, the Cross Over to this truck. I wanted to keep the sway bars in case I did any heavy towing. (ZERO since the lift) I had also replace the OEM tie rod with a 1.50" X .375" thick wall from ORD and their Sway bar disconnects.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks