• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is the deal with door prices?

TwoStates

I'm looking for a set of four, but it appears it will cost me over $1000. I can't imagine people are paying that. Is there a place that has them for reasonable prices? Are doors auctioned on GovPlanet?

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
98G has some X-doors available....he makes occaisional trips through your state.

Robus1022

Kascar is $750 a door. Which is very very fair. You will understand why they are $500+ each once you own a set. I paid $3200 for a complete set in excellent shape. You may find them for cheaper but expect unrepairable dents in the aluminum and unrepairable cracks in the kevlar. The 3 ply glass will most likely be knicked and yellowed. Focus on other stuff until you need doors. They used to be $600 for a set of four but that was back when only gov could own them and gov gets new am general doors so the old ones sit until they are tossed off a boat in the indian ocean.

TwoStates

Supply and demand. Basic capitalist concepts here. ;)
I understand capitalism and I love it! Now that there is an increased demand for parts, I am hoping that some of the companies that make Jeep doors and tops will enter the Humvee market. I'd love to have an aftermarket hardtop that doesn't look like a helmet top and fits like a four man soft top.

stag

Hi, Are the kits complete? I just got my m998 2 door troop carrier, haven't got it running yet but I will take a kit. Thanks, Mike 7 three one 3 9 four six 1 two 6.