• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is the deal with door prices?

TwoStates

I'm looking for a set of four, but it appears it will cost me over $1000. I can't imagine people are paying that. Is there a place that has them for reasonable prices? Are doors auctioned on GovPlanet?

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
98G has some X-doors available....he makes occaisional trips through your state.

Robus1022

Kascar is $750 a door. Which is very very fair. You will understand why they are $500+ each once you own a set. I paid $3200 for a complete set in excellent shape. You may find them for cheaper but expect unrepairable dents in the aluminum and unrepairable cracks in the kevlar. The 3 ply glass will most likely be knicked and yellowed. Focus on other stuff until you need doors. They used to be $600 for a set of four but that was back when only gov could own them and gov gets new am general doors so the old ones sit until they are tossed off a boat in the indian ocean.

TwoStates

Supply and demand. Basic capitalist concepts here. ;)
I understand capitalism and I love it! Now that there is an increased demand for parts, I am hoping that some of the companies that make Jeep doors and tops will enter the Humvee market. I'd love to have an aftermarket hardtop that doesn't look like a helmet top and fits like a four man soft top.

stag

Hi, Are the kits complete? I just got my m998 2 door troop carrier, haven't got it running yet but I will take a kit. Thanks, Mike 7 three one 3 9 four six 1 two 6.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks