• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this 8x8 I saw on the highway?

mudguppy

Kenny -

yep, it has a similar crane. it's quite a bit beefier, tho. max load is 16,700#. i think max at reach is 6k @ 18'. it's got great reach. 8) before you get any ideas about putting one on your truck - it's HEAVY. it'll make the HEMMT lean if you stick it over the side w/o the outriggers down. :shock:

right before we redeployed back, they gave my unit two FRS (Fresh's) - Forward Repair System. it's a shop on a flatrack and comes w/ it's own PLS. it's a mini mobile DS shop. amazing. anyway, the point is that is has the strongest grove i've seen yet - 10k# @ 16'. it had to have this capacity so it can pull M1 packs by itself. it's an awesome piece.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, don't I feel like the idiot. I can pul powerpacks with my little crane but not at 20'. Just the same, I love my little crane.
BTW Mud, Spicergear put one of the 977 cranes on his deuce, totally cool stuff.