• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this wire / connector

bushhawg73

Today I removed my breather housing and ran some new vacuum lines. Behind the breather housing I found a red or pink wire that comes out of the large wire loom from both directions. The wire goes into a black plastic connector. This is the strange part, the black plastic connector has a bare wire that comes out of one side and goes into the other side. There is what looks like some sort of resistor in the middle of the bare wire.

I searched today in the TM's and on the web but I am kind of lost as to what to call the setup. I also looked at the wire diagrams but never have been good and figuring those out. I have included two not so great cell phone pictures.

I really hope someone can help.

Attachments

bushhawg73

Ok, thanks for the info and the links to the pics, they are now saved on my computer. Should this bare wire have any voltage present? I have never seen my water in fuel light come on and I just put a brand new bulb in it. I am just trying to make sure it works. I will do a little searching on SS. THANKS AGAIN TO ALL THE GREAT MEMBERS AND THE INFO.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks