• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is wrong with saying I'm parting out an M750 van box?

n3sq

What is wrong with saying I'm parting out an M750 van body in the Trailer Forum?
It gets deleted because it should go in the Classified Ads? I'm not going to put a classified ad and picture in for every little fiddly-bit and widget on an M750 van body - it's just plain stupid.

Seems that members are asking each other for parts (including Chris for his 900-series ex-Seabees truck) on the forum all the time. If that's the case you better be fair and delete ALL the threads & entries that are similar.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just put an ad that you are parting out the trailer and PM you for specific parts. Usually the "I need this part/where can I find this" seem to fly but any "I want to sell/part out" don't.;)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd like to see pictures of the trailer box and what is in it! It does seem counter-productive to the purpose of the site, to not be able to share (in a thread) what we have that we want to part out(sell) to others.

Last edited:

n3sq

Arbitrary moderating standards

JUsually the "I need this part/where can I find this" seem to fly but any "I want to sell/part out" don't.;)
That's pretty arbitrary moderating.

Considering if you just search on "parting out" in the forum you get a bunch of hits on numerous threads & posts. A number generated today, but mine was deleted, theirs were not.

I simply said that I was parting out an M750 van body, anyone interested in parts.

Isn't the point for the forum for everyone to try and heal each other out.

Hey, I have no problem torching the thing up and sending it to China in little itty-bitty pieces.

papercu

Well the idea of where to post something is fine to me.
But the act of pointing out the other posts seem to be about the third or four grade school level. "Well, Joey get to do it" Wayne

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I called Mangus and asked him to comment here. The rules is his and Chris'.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Remember the mods here are all volunteers and are all very different with different views doing a job that really has no benefits for them. One (DH) said to repost with a pic. Why keep complaining? Re-post it or cut it up and send the pieces to China and move on.;)

phil2968

The rule at the top of this page says For Sale Ads and/or Want Ads are NOT allowed to be posted in the forums. Please use the Classified Ads!. If he did not post that it was for sale, only that he was parting one out I don't see that he broke any forum rules. We can't give things away anymore?

By the way what kind of parts are you willing to part with? ;-)

n3sq

It's called proving spotty moderation

Well the idea of where to post something is fine to me.
But the act of pointing out the other posts seem to be about the third or four grade school level. "Well, Joey get to do it" Wayne
It's called providing proof of arbitrary moderation. I'm making an accusation and I need to provide facts to back up my statement. I AM saying that the rules needs to be CONSISTENTLY applied.

"For Sale Ads and/or Want Ads are NOT allowed to be posted in the forums. Please use the Classified Ads!"

n3sq

No one is being forced into being an Admin

Remember the mods here are all volunteers and are all very different with different views doing a job that really has no benefits for them. One (DH) said to repost with a pic. Why keep complaining? Re-post it or cut it up and send the pieces to China and move on.;)
Then Chris needs to better define / clarify the rule. Being an Admin comes with responsibility to fairly apply the rules, if they can't operate in that way then they should step down as an admin. No one is forcing them to be an admin.

"For Sale Ads and/or Want Ads are NOT allowed to be posted in the forums. Please use the Classified Ads!"

. . . is quite vague. I'm simply stating that I'm parting out an M750 box. Anyone if free to PM me with what they need.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I understand that there is a Classified section on this site.

I also understand that a lot of folks don't check it daily and I don't
see a prob with posting a "teaser" on a regular catagory to direct people to an ad in the classified section as long as the thread doesn't get jammed up with replies.

I mentioned that I was considering selling my M915 on a related thread and the post got deleted with the "thread deleted" admonishment.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I also am disappointed with the "Ad" rule.

I've been looking for an item for 2 weeks now, posted as a WTB in the classifieds to get my 1028A3 going, thus far, not a fraking reply. A year or so ago when I posted in the CUCV forum a need for an item, I had what I needed within a few days.

I also posted some suggestions regarding the makeup of the "Classifieds" such as creating a section for WTB items so you don't have to search through the whole section, but was admonished for not searching properly for WTB items. . .

rant off.

Last edited:

Alredneck

Banned
I dont see a problem with someone offering parts ( even if there is profit involved ) to help other members out. The rule is very vague. Not to bring up bad business but the same concept goes for trading parts at rallies and such. It seems the rules only apply at certain times. I prefer the keep it simple stupid ( K.I.S.S. ) with as few rules as possible. People are going to argue, ( are we not a online family ) but unless they can settle arguments quickly then sometimes someone needs to step in. Over regulation is never the right answer!

wdbtchr

I don't pay much attention on the classifieds mainly because it takes too long to page through. I consider it useless without a search function. Also the few I responded to never replied to messages. Maybe SS has grown too large and cumbersome to be usefull anymore and it's time to move on.2cents:shock:

As far as the seemingly arbitrary deletion of ads, maybe if you're a friend of a moderator you're OK.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks