• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is wrong with saying I'm parting out an M750 van box?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't pay much attention on the classifieds mainly because it takes too long to page through. I consider it useless without a search function.
I'm not a big fan of how the classifieds are handled but they are searchable. There is a search box to the left of the adds. ;)

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree, the classifieds are a bit hard to get through if you have never been there. The notice at the top of the pages is clear. It takes reading EVERY post to see something that could be considered an ad. If the post doesn't come right out and say, I need this" or "I have this for sale", I think it will fly. I got rid of a couple of posts that I considered for sale items. Now a couple of people are all bent up. Bottom line, I have been asked to help participate in the workings of this site and try to do a good job and be the least intrusive as I can. I try. I have only been doing this a few months and if there is a thread that has been here a year or so and has 40 posts, I won't get rid of it. If there is a recent thread that only has a few and it falls into the realm of an ad, it will go away and hopefully the poster will put their post in the classifieds.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't pay much attention on the classifieds mainly because it takes too long to page through. I consider it useless without a search function. Also the few I responded to never replied to messages. Maybe SS has grown too large and cumbersome to be usefull anymore and it's time to move on.2cents:shock:

As far as the seemingly arbitrary deletion of ads, maybe if you're a friend of a moderator you're OK.

The classifieds are broken down into categories.

There is a search function for the classifieds.

Most seller that take the time to place free ads, do respond if they want to sell(adds are by hobbyists, not businesses).

If you feel it's time to move on and find a better place to enjoy the MV hobby, please come back here and tell us where to go( I am always looking for something better too)

Please tell me which moderators are so biased to their friends, that it's obvious. I guess I'm too dumb to have noticed that. How many times have you alerted the site owners to this injustice? (I feel personally offended by this)

Michael

I don't see the point of a "want to buy" section in the classifieds. I mean, who looks through the classified for people looking to buy something that they have for sale ? I know I don't. But, if we must put our wants there, it should at least be separated from the stuff for sale.

Last edited:

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
This whole thing is moot, a quick scan of the front page will turn up several for sale ads, wtb ads. It all depends on how it's worded, and who sees it.

Now,

Where did I leave my popcorn. . .

Ahh, there it is!

Attachments

n3sq

Equal Application of well-defined rules

So the Forum Rules (Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite - Forum Rules) say ...

It is OK to post an item for sale if it is done in an effort to help another member or if the need for a part comes up during the course of a restoration or repair thread.

Which brings me back to my original question. How isn't it kosher to put a post up simply saying I have an M750 van box that I'm parting out and if anyone is interested in parts from it. I'm simply trying to help fellow members out who might be restoring an M750.

Yet the thread about needing M101 Bows is left . . . (nothing personal to the poster, just using it as an example)

Oh, I did put the M295 Chassis from the M750 in the Classifieds since that IS a for sale ad.

Consistent application of the rules is what I'm asking for.

This whole thing is moot, a quick scan of the front page will turn up several for sale ads, wtb ads. It all depends on how it's worded, and who sees it.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it out of the question to add a section/category titled "wanted" or "want to buy" ?

Not out of the question, but nearly.

Only one person has the ability to make any changes to this site(he seems to have total control). Unfortunately, he is not easy to get to make any changes.

Just look at the lack of response after my calling him, as this thread started to develop.

I wish I had the ability to help you guys, I do spend a lot of effort and time, to make all issues known to Mike. After that, it's pretty much out of my hands.

Chevytruck

Not out of the question, but nearly.

Only one person has the ability to make any changes to this site(he seems to have total control). Unfortunately, he is not easy to get to make any changes.

Just look at the lack of response after my calling him, as this thread started to develop.

I wish I had the ability to help you guys, I do spend a lot of effort and time, to make all issues known to Mike. After that, it's pretty much out of my hands.

Maybe an Apprentice could be trained:?:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
We all have things happen in our lives or changes of mission that detract from our hobbies etc.. It would seem we may be experiencing one of those times and the Mods...at least some of them, are doing their best with what they have to work with.

If I had a gripe...I would take it to the Mod I had the issue with before I posted a thread and started the "pile on effect". If that didn't satisfy me...I would contact another Mod and ask again.

It's all about communication IMO, and it's much easier to communicate in a small group where the primary issue is kept up front rather than broadcast the issue and have the
"Yeah...and another thing" folks pile on to compound the issue.

I usually make my rules at work (except safety/legal) so that they have a little wiggle room and offer a SMALL amount free space to intrepret but when the employees step across that "free space" line I reign them back in with an explanation.
I listen to their side of the story always...but I make the final call...always.

On this site we can't allways meet face to face or contact the "Boss" so I guess we are left with working it out with a Mod, standing down for a few, or in the worse case...leaving the site. That is the last resort and costs the site valuable assetts in most cases.

I just think we should never get personal and make remarks similiar to "guess it's who you know" or "who your friends are" etc.... That will get us no where...quick.

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It appears that Mangus and Chris are AWOL at the moment. Chris hasn't been here in 5 days and Mangus' profile has that info hidden (it appears he hasn't been around in several days either though).

From what I've noticed it seems DH has kind of tried to run the site in the Admin absence but he can only do so much. There's nothing wrong with taking a break and I'm sure the Admins need it as much as anybody but IMO they should have somebody around that can make calls on stuff like this or atleast still keep in contact with the mods for direction when needed.

That's just my 2cents . Take it for what it's worth. :wink:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Seems kind of spine-less if a site owner's attention was brought to this thread and they have failed to give input on it.

:-|

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks