• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What Manufacturer??? "VOLVO???"

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You're his 10 year old? WOW!

rofl

Thanks for posting the pictures. I was actually thinking there was going to be a big 'V' on the grill somewhere!
No not his 10 year old , but i figured it would save 10 "this thread is worthless without picture posts" and i had the e-bay link open any how.

Atomic

Good lookin truck, and welcome to the OD iron addiction club.

Search the rally threads for events in and around your area, or just make the "small" drive over to GA and head on up to the Oct rally.:D

Hasbeen

Volvo

A possible answer to the Volvo question.

Cage code 2b157 (White Motors car and truck division)

replaced by cage code 62265 (Volvo Trucks of North America)

it wasn`t "Volvo" when it was manufactured...but the White company is now recognized by Uncle Sam as Volvo. So if the "manufacturers cage code" on the paperwork referenced 2b157, it would show Volvo. Could it be a White?

:?::?:

Hasbeen

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did anyone find that post confusing?

How about the addition of this post?

It's definitely not a AM General without a VIN how could you make that claim. I agree it's not a Volvo.
Bighurt, You need to go back and re-read my post. I said it's definitely not a "American General" (the name the OP used). They sell insurance and don't build trucks. :D

The other post you're refering to is the "lot" numbers (as David Doyle calls them). The truck in question has a "05" lot number (the first two numbers in the VIN). "05" trucks were all contracted in 1970. The first of the "05" trucks were Kaiser-Jeep then they changed to General Products. The last of the "05" trucks were AM General. All subsequent trucks were all AM General.

More confused than ever? David Doyle can explain it better than I can.

Last edited:

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter

it wasn`t "Volvo" when it was manufactured...but the White company is now recognized by Uncle Sam as Volvo. So if the "manufacturers cage code" on the paperwork referenced 2b157, it would show Volvo. Could it be a White?

Hasbeen
Well, that's it then. Go and mount that diagonal stripe on your front grille!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Hasbeen
Did White ever make deuces? I know they made some of the engines but I've never seen a White manufactured deuce.