• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What mdel trailer is this?

Needle

OK...Quick quiz.

What is the military designation of the trailer in the attached pictures? I think I know the answer, but I am not sure:lol:
(Sorry for the poor quality, taken with a "not so stellar" camera phone)

Attachments

Needle

Close....... the M10 part is definately correct, its the rest of the numbers/letters that I am having a problem with.:)

Danger Ranger

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that it is not a plain old M105. So, is it an M105E3 as stated above...?

Alright Corporal, what is it????

Darwin T

looks like a M105 to me (deuce 6 bolt tires, 2 wheel front landing gear and bed) however mine does not have the rings on the tounge infront of the bed that i remember. 2cents

is this a trick question???? :drool:

Needle

Those SS members who said “M105A2” are half-correct. :p
Those SS members who said “Read the data plate” are half-correct (And very wise!). :p
I think Derrickl112 may be close…but I’ll explain later.

Darwin T: Not a trick question…really:(

And I wasnt trying to make the pictures fuzzy...my camera phone really is @$#%.:oops:

Answer to follow shortly.fat lady sings

Needle

OK. Answer time. (Well sort of an answer…but still leaves the question open)

Situation is as follows:

I asked one of the mechanics, “the next time you are in the yard, could you get me the Identity Number from each M105A2 parked by the yard gate”.

He said “What’s an M105A2?” (Note: he normally works on the aircraft…not the MVs)

I said, “It’s a trailer. There are 2 of them parked together. It will say M105A2 on the data plate, which is on the trailer tongue. Stamped onto the data plate will be the Vehicle Identity Number. That’s what I need”.

Off he went, and came back 10 minutes later and said “Sorry, couldn’t find any M105A2 trailers”.

So I rushed out to the yard with him, thinking the worst (stolen trailers, etc) and there were the trailers. I walked up to the trailers and showed him the data plate. “That is an M105A2. It says so on the data plate.”.

He responded with “But that’s not the data plate I looked at. I was looking at the one on the other side, and it says M103A3”.

So I go around to the other side of the trailer, and sure enough, there is a data plate that says M103A3.
So I check the second trailer…exactly the same..M105A2 on one side and M103A3 on the other side.

So….back to original question…… What is the military designation of the trailer? Is it an M105A2 or an M103A3?

(I know that an M103A3 does not have a body, so I am going with M105A2. It is still single axle, greater than 3500 Gross, so for highway use it has to be registered. In Texas I can go the FMV route, but I still needed to know what to put on the registration document.)

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks