• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What mdel trailer is this?

Bighurt

a. The M103A1 and M103A3 chassis are used with the following:

(1) Cargo Trailer Series M105A1, M105A2, and M105A2C. Carry a maximum payload of 3000 lb
(1362 kg) either cross-country or highway.

(2) Water Tank Series M107A1, M107A2, and M107A2C. Transport water with a maximum
payload of 3335 lb (1514 kg) either cross-country or highway.

(3) Folding Side Shop Van Trailer M448. Equipped with a 110-volt electrical system and is used as
a mobile battery or paint shop. The M448 has a maximum payload of 3000 lb (1362 kg) either cross-country or
highway.

The Data plate goes on the right side of the tongue (a frame), the other tag is out of place. What probably happened is the two were married together when the M105's counterpart was damaged beyond repair.

I don't have my M105's on hand but I assumed the tag for the box was on the box and the chassis plate was retained in place...I guess reading TM 9-2330-213-14&P I learned otherwise.

Pawnshop

Likewise with the M101A2 trailers, all three of mine have M101 beds on frames marked M116A2, the M116 is the designation of the bare chassis and depending on what was put on top the designation would change.

Texas law likes to use the numbers found on a vehicle's frame (not the body) for titling/registration purposes, so I would register the trailers with whatever info is on the frame (manuf, model, number, GVW etc...). the M103/M105 trailers ARE above the 4000lb GVW minimum requiring a title, and the 4500lb GVW requiring an annual inspection. Trailers under 4000lb GVW do not require a title but ALL trailers (regardless of GVW) are required in Texas to be registered and tagged, with road taxes collected according to GVW. My M105A3 will be registered Texas Former Military when I ever get around to doing it, so I can avoid the inspection and pay a reduced amount of road tax (I really DO only use it for shows and parades anyway...)

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I will tell you officially it is a M105 not an M103. It is the same way with an MKT. I use to have the serial numbers on MKTs screwed up more often than correct. The correct serial number for the MKT is on the 'superstructure' not the tongue.

A

A/C Cages

I know I know, its a ?? Green one ??
HA I told you I knew which one it was. lol