• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What motor is this?

Scout

It's 20 minutes from my house. I was bidding but stopped chasing when it went over $3,000. The buyer does a ton of e-bay activity (almost 10,000 transactions). Was this truck a steal at $3,600?

What's the wrecker worth?

Earth

Scottsville NY? Holy cow! I lived there for forty years. Been up here 5.

In my opinion it wasn't a 'steal' at 3600. I really worry about dry rot tires and bad fuel when things are in long term storage--but you don't really know. You could see the wrecker in the pictures and it looks like an awful nice rig.

Scout

Yes, Scottsville NY.

I see the wrecker sitting behind it. I'm afraid it's going to go for more than I want to spend, and this guy won't let anyone see these vehicles - I tried at least 3 times and got nowhere. I'm ultimately trying to build a huge wood hauler/dump probably with a cargo body and a hoist. The wrecker would be better tham the tractor with the longer wheelbase and (assumed) double frame, but I would need to strip the wrecker parts off and try to sell them.