• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What neighbors have to say about my new M1009

TOBEXA

could a m1009 be considered a "commercial truck"? i remember reading somewhere that any vehicle with a gvw over 6000lb is considered commercial.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
could a m1009 be considered a "commercial truck"? i remember reading somewhere that any vehicle with a gvw over 6000lb is considered commercial.

Around here a M1009 Blazer is classifed a passenger car, back seat in cab, not over 10,000 gvw, same as any civilian GM Blazer/Suburbans. Any truck over 10,000 lb is classifed commercial even if licensed historical here.
I don't know the legal requirements where you live. Passenger vehicle is a good fit for M1009 Blazer.

peacemkr

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought my truck about a month ago but I've become the king of the rednecks around here. I've had 5 trucks parked along the road with people asking all kind of positive questions about the truck, I've had the garbage men stop to look at it. It drives my wife crazy that we can't get anything done in the yard with it parked outside, people want to see it and talk about it. I had to put it in the garage and I still have people stop and ask about it.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess if I had a choice to be either respected or feared, I prefer to be feared, then people will not mess with you and leave you alone. Also gives them something to talk about. My 1 neighbor on shore is a 64 year old woman, I just heard this weekend my toys make her nervous. She is even afraid to wave or say hello in the 3 years since she moved in. As far as neighbors where I live all I have is ducks, geese, swans and muskrats. I recommend Island life to anyone. The privacy ROCKS..!

tbearatkin

I guess if I had a choice to be either respected or feared, I prefer to be feared, then people will not mess with you and leave you alone. Also gives them something to talk about. My 1 neighbor on shore is a 64 year old woman, I just heard this weekend my toys make her nervous. She is even afraid to wave or say hello in the 3 years since she moved in. As far as neighbors where I live all I have is ducks, geese, swans and muskrats. I recommend Island life to anyone. The privacy ROCKS..!

I think I would stop in and introduce myself to her. But that is just me I have to know who my neighbors are makes it easier to get along. Who knows maybe she makes a killer wild berry pie.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
3 out of 20 or so neighbors didn't like my trucks. The closest one moved, and the guy who bought her house likes to come over when I am outside working on them and regale me with his tales of driving a deuce tanker when he was a volunteer firefighter. Great guy and a huge improvement.

1 down and 2 to go!

The overwhelming response I get is "What are you going to do with that?" I tell them it is something to tinker with and haul the veterans in parades. Then it's "my boys go crazy every time you go by the house!" I always offer them a ride.

The city doesn't even come out anymore when they are called on the trucks. They know they are licensed, insured, and operable, and they see me driving them all the time.

steved454

Guess I do not have it so bad here in Ms, my neighbors love it. I have A models, I usually have one ole Fire truck and the M1028 out and about all the time. The police always stop when I am fueling up and talk about it and ask questions like they want to buy one. When storms hit I do good will and drive around with a cooler, chainsaw, and a few other tools to help where needed. any kid in the area gets free rides in the truck and the firetruck. for some reason the kids like the camo truck better:).

TOBEXA

steved454 i see you have a 28 ford....i got a 31 model A tudor myself. i'm in the process of looking for my vin on the chassis(for some reason i have 2 numbers stamped on my engine block)CHP wants to see the vin on the chassis before the DMV will gove me a registration.........what a PITA

wayne pick

Yep, they ticketed me over the winter for overnight parking on the street becuase had a plow on the truck. Even though i have an overnight permit sticker, the summons was for a "dump truck with plow"

steved454

TOBEXA. send me a Msg I have been around A models for 41 years. ( I am 41 yrs old) I can help with locating your vin. One is on the chasis and should have the same one on the engine block unless the motor has been changed.

bearboley

My neighbors are about a 100 yards away now, they don't say much just a wave now and then. They thought they lived all by themselves in the middle of a field. There where actually right next to one of our fields and in the last two years I built a new house and a new 50x60 shop and from my back window I can count 6 semis 3 semi trailers , 3 big tractors a corn planter a 5 ton and a duece along with a 18 ton galion crane . I think they are still in shock and last week they planted trees along the property line lol. But my townships not zoned so I will keep hauling it in.

TOBEXA

my neighbors are about a 100 yards away now, they don't say much just a wave now and then. They thought they lived all by themselves in the middle of a field. There where actually right next to one of our fields and in the last two years i built a new house and a new 50x60 shop and from my back window i can count 6 semis 3 semi trailers , 3 big tractors a corn planter a 5 ton and a duece along with a 18 ton galion crane . I think they are still in shock and last week they planted trees along the property line lol. But my townships not zoned so i will keep hauling it in.
whatcha need all that for?

francisf16

Just had mine towed while I was deployed because it hadn't moved in 24 hours. Apparently, a bus driver hit a car driving around it and complained. Fighting this one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks